dr geraldo furtado

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by Mahogany, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mahogany

Mahogany New Member

hi, has anyone out there invested in IMG's dr geraldo furtado development in petropolis in natal? i invested in a 2 bed apartment here in 2010. despite being behind schedule i still believe the construction will be finished this year.

i am planning to go out to natal again at the end of the year to sort out a rental agent and to furnish the place myself.(i work in construction here in the UK)

i believe if a few geraldo furtado apartment owners get together we can get a better deal on rentals as opposed to the 6% guaranteed by the client.

please do let me know if you are interested?

2. Greengodess

Greengodess Banned

Depends on what you paid and condo fees . Better to stick to an agent as they know how to read the contracts,set up guarantors ,legal fees etc .Do you have a Brazilian bank account to deposit your rental income because you will need one to recieve the rent.

3. RainerR

RainerR New Member

Taxes

We were looking at buy2rent options.
    Apparently the rental income is taxed at 15%, and so is the CGT.
    With the local devaluation, the weakening Real and oversupply, we decided that the actual revenues would be minimal - if any.
    Especially when you see how many apartments look after a few months rental .....