Does US real estate still offer good value for money?

L

lookinginvest

As markets speculate about a possible US interest rate increase in June this begs the question, does US real estate still offer good value for money?

I would assume that a possible increase in base rates is related to a relatively strong economy and a relatively strong real estate market? Surely an interest rate rise would halt any short to medium term growth in the economy and property prices? If so, why are investors, especially Chinese investors, still targeting the US market?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not an expert in the US market but in simple terms the market is recovering, house prices are rising there as are rental prices (in areas with good demand, which is always important) so I don't personally think small rate increases will harm the market or slow it down too much...

N

nmb

Perhaps sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the excitement of a “rate rise” when in reality US interest rates are nowhere near their long-term average?

P

PropEx

In my opinion the US property market is the best in the world and offers value for money you will get get nowhere else.