Does landlord also pay 5% to managing agent

K

Kind

I am going to rent out my apartment in International city Dubai Spain cluster.
Agent say 1cheque AED17500-18000 per year and 4cheques AED20,000-21,000 per year. However, he is asking for 5% commision from me the landlord for managing the property. Usually tenant pays commission to agent ?
I need to pay maintenance fee to Nakheel which is said to be around AED4000/+
( I have received any e-mail from Nakheel as yet regarding maintenance fee for next year). Agent say Nakheel only look after outside of the apartment.
Any advice please.

B

brumster

It sounds iffy to me, I have been renting out my apartment in Ic Spain cluster for about 6 years now and the fee has always been deducted from my rent, along with whatever maintenance charges they decide to make up. I was renting through profile which has seemed to have changed to terra real estates but would not recommend as my rent is constantly late and they require a good few emails before they finally decide to transfer it.

I would certainly question it some more

P.s have you collected title deeds yet as I still need to collect mine and Nakheel have said they are now with my building owner ie centrino?

K

Kind

Thank for writing.
I did collect my title deed but it was in October 2010. I communicated with Nakheel before travelling to Dubai, paid the outstanding service charges and collected the title deed.

S

sratansi

I am going to rent out my apartment in International city Dubai Spain cluster.
Agent say 1cheque AED17500-18000 per year and 4cheques AED20,000-21,000 per year. However, he is asking for 5% commision from me the landlord for managing the property. Usually tenant pays commission to agent ?
I need to pay maintenance fee to Nakheel which is said to be around AED4000/+
( I have received any e-mail from Nakheel as yet regarding maintenance fee for next year). Agent say Nakheel only look after outside of the apartment.
Any advice please.
is the maintance charge of AED4000 annual or monthly?

M

Mama

If you want the agent to manage the property for you - inspect it, arrange repairs, deal with the tenant during the tenancy for example - you will have to pay for the service. 5% of the annual rent is a bargain. It has nothing to do with the annual service charges which apply for maintaining the property.

W

White Sand

You don't have to pay management fee if you are a Landlord provided that the cheques are made out in your name and you do not ask for any other services from the agent once your property has been rented.
If the agent is asking for 5% Management fee, make sure you clarify for what services he is asking this fee AND also check his trade Licence which should state that he is authorised to Manage 3rd party properties.
Managing an apartment includes cashing the cheques for the landlord, looking after the affairs between tenant and landlord

K

Kind

You don't have to pay management fee if you are a Landlord provided that the cheques are made out in your name and you do not ask for any other services from the agent once your property has been rented.
If the agent is asking for 5% Management fee, make sure you clarify for what services he is asking this fee AND also check his trade Licence which should state that he is authorised to Manage 3rd party properties.
Managing an apartment includes cashing the cheques for the landlord, looking after the affairs between tenant and landlord
Thanks white sands.