Do you regret investing in Dubai?

I

Imack1811

Hi all, I'm new to the forum - I've just moved to Dubai, and was just wondering if people who have invested in the Dubai market in the past have regretted it, and if so what markets do you wish you had invested in instead?

Just curious to know what people who have been here longer than me think, cheers all.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Imack1811

Welcome to the forum - what a great question to start with :)

It will be interesting to see what people think.

Regards,

Mark

H

Hessie

The worst decision of my life

No regulation that is actually enforceable - it would have been less painful to flush my hard earned money down the toilet - I would caution anyone against investing in Dubai property. Bitter? Yes I am - deceived - yes I am /was.

Even if you read that there is protection for this, that or t'other legislation is ineffectual and largely meaningless - unless you have time in buckets and more money than you've invested already to line the pockets of a parasitic lawyer.

Hi Imack1811

Welcome to the forum - what a great question to start with :)

It will be interesting to see what people think.

Regards,

Mark

W

waqasismail

Investing in Dubai Real Estate Market

hi members

in my opinion in past dubai has some loopholes in property legislation but right now Dubai has a firm Legislation and Real Estate Regulatory Mechanism. The Investments are now well safe and there are prospective projects.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I have read about changes to real estate regulations in Dubai and while they do seem to be a lot better than they were, I think there are still lessons to be learnt and more work to be done.

Regards,

Mark

W

waqasismail

agreed

i agree with you mark. there are a lot of lessons must learn by both investors and developers.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
While the former UK PM Gordon Brown once famously suggested that the boom and bust cycle in the UK would be no more, boom and bust is very closely linked to human nature - over bought and over sold positions, simple.

We will never get rid of boom and bust but perhaps we can learn to even out the peaks and troughs a little more?

Angela Davis

Angela Davis

Banned
Well the question is nice.
According to my experience and knowledge in past few years Dubai property market faces huge gaps but now the Dubai real estate sector rising with boom all over the world.
Dubai property market now become a fieriest part of the international property market.