ad

Do you lease or buy furniture for your rental properties?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date

Do you lease or buy furniture for your rental properties?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have leased furniture in the past

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I didn't know you could lease furniture

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Share your experience in our poll by selecting the most relevant answer to you, above.

D

diyhelp

I have only just read on the forum about leasing furniture. Now that margins are getting tighter, this might be a welcome way in which to reduce short term investment?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Interesting - I presume the furniture is brand new?

R

realdeals

Anything that helps cash flow must be a positive for landlords.

K

KevinJoseph1996

Personally, this depends largely on the apartment and the number of properties the landlord owns, Most landlords in Dubai & the rest of the middle east that have multiple properties listed or who own all the apartments in an apartment complex typically source their furniture & furnishings from a medium-sized south-Asian or India based furniture manufacturer like (moderated. Looks like crafty advertising) that does custom home furnishings like this one.

They typically get better deals since they source at such a large scale and they tend to pass on most benefits to the tenants & the furniture also tends to be quite classy. Not to mention, the landlord also makes money out of this and the tenant does not have to hunt for furniture incessantly. This makes for a great deal overall.

If I am an owner of multiple properties, I would also resort to something similar. With the on-going virus, since China is not a great option to source great quality furniture, Vietnam & India turn out to be great alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Theo_Ch

I have leased furniture in the past, and that was because the owner of the apartment I was renting, was offering a furniture package along with the apartment. So I agreed on that, since the additional amount on monthly basis, was much less than what I would have spent if I was to furnish the apartment myself.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
In the UK I think, as a landlord, leasing furniture might be an interesting option as a means of helping short-term cash flow. In a perfect world, yes, we would all buy new furniture for rental properties but some tenants are not as careful with furniture as others.

D

Dora Wi

I agree with Longterminvestor. Buying furniture sounds ideal, especially if you plan to use / move into that property later on, but their quality doesn't last forever. Even if the tenants are careful, damage happens over time.

S

SunnyArms

My grandmother, one time, also included the furniture that was left by the last tenant to the rent of the current one. But in the end, the tenant threw them away and my grandmother reduced the rent to the original one.

Does this include semi to fully furnished rentals?