ad

Do you explain to your family/friends why you are investing in property ?

• Thread starter Michelle Barringer
  • Start date
M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
Do you all tell your friends and family that you are investing in property or would they be sceptical and negative?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I think this might be a bit of a 'generation' thing, as family members already in retirement are usually more cautious about what they do with savings, whereas friends or younger family members are often more open to investing. Investing in property has become more accessible to everyone, and is no longer a way of investing for entrepreneurs only.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
I tell everyone I know especially friends and family... I actively mentor and help some close friends as I want them to do well and to see how accessible property investment is to most. Once you have the knowledge you have the power as they say! You don't always need money which is a common mis conception and barrier to entry into this market for most people...

My brother even joked about me going on about "the power of passive income from property" in his best man speech for me when I got married! So yes I talk about it as its my major passion...

L

Luke Masters

Premium Member
I would always tell my friends and family about any investment I am looking to make, whether the opinion they may give is a positive or sceptical one.I do this based on my previous experience.

They may give you a different angle on the approach, from a different stand point or they may even wish to become a partner on a joint venture.

But most of all a motto I have always followed is "everyone together is better than the power of one".

Other peoples views and experiences will always keep you improving and learning which is key in investing.

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
How do you handle negative reaction though - some people think everything is a scam and that you are being rash - even if you explain that you have assessed the pros and cons and made an informed decision- it makes it harder to trust yourself when there are negative people around you - but then i suppose there concerns might make you do more due dilligence to back up your choice

L

Luke Masters

Premium Member
Evening Michelle,

Your last point is the exact answer I would have given, although the negative input can sometimes leave you doubting your own opinion you must always back your own personal decision once completing your due diligence.

Other peoples concerns will always make sure you assess any avenues or issues you hadn't considered, I will welcome them willingly however stand by my own decision at the end on of the day. :)

Cowell

Cowell

The negative reactions you mentioned typically come from the low information people. If you give them as much information as you can that this is a legitimate business, and they still doubt you, then they must want to doubt you.

I would just not mention your line of work at all if this is the case.

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
I always tell people what I do. You never know where your next investor may come from.

I once told my dentist that I was buying property with investors funds and he asked me to discuss a £100k loan from himself right there!

S

sergerybrin

I would like to tell to my all friends and family members about buying the property. They advice me good and help me as much they can.Investing in property is main concern so you should talk to closers about what do you want to buy and why?

R

Raizamea Lupage

Yes, I tell my friend, buying or investing property is a good way to make money.