Do home security systems make a difference to potential buyers?

N

nmb

You might think to yourself, if a potential buyer wanted additional home security they could do it themselves, but why should they?

Let's face if you are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on a property which is not secure, this does not give a good impression? Even if you have a relatively basic home security system this would give a better impression to potential buyers and they could improve the system if they wanted to.

Whether or not a home security system is as important as a, for example, well decorated property through the eyes of a buyer is debatable but don’t dismiss it out of hand.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
We have CCTV at my home and on most of our rental properties (on main communal areas and all exits). I think for residential homes it adds a bit of a classy, high end feel as well as obviously providing the security element. For commercial buildings like our rental blocks it helps management and control etc so again a good selling point.

If you have a residential property in a bad area CCTV or extensive home security could put off wanna be buyers if it potentially highlights the high crime rate of this area! So swings and roundabouts...

M

Mr. Alimuddin Rafi Ahmed

Yes it does, because if someone is going to buy your property he will definitely consider pros. & cons. of your property. They will check all major issues related to your property. CCTV, security guard all comes under major issues.

D

Dora Wi

I agree, we have CCTV at the warehouse we own and I also think for residential homes it adds a bit of a classy, high end feel as well as obviously providing the security element. For commercial buildings it helps management and control etc so again a good selling point. Should think about this before spending a lot of money on that!
I partly agree - in things like public buildings, commercial buildings and warehouses, CCTV can be a big advantage. I'm not so sure about residential buildings, though - some people like having security cameras in their houses, but most people I know don't.

A

aubreyhope

Yes, of course. It will make big difference compare to other who don't have security system.

M

MilkyFloor

Of course it is, at least I would more highly buy a property if it has a security system.

A

Alba_bernia

Good day! I am sure that this affects the potential buyer very much, because no sane person will ever neglect their safety and the safety of their home, right? I am more than sure that the most important thing in modern security systems is certainly reliability and convenience for the most primitive and backward from modern technologies. Personally, in my opinion, things like ajax give a clear idea of how people like convenient and simple technologies, besides being able to provide security. So here is your answer, more or less.