Diving / Sports / pastimes / recreation

Georgina

Georgina

Salsa and Cinema, El Gouna

I tried out the new cinema in Mirage Disco, Downtown, El Gouna last night and was very impressed. They have sorted out the sound problem now. It was great to sit with your feet up on the cushions under the stars watching a big screen. Ordered beer and cheese burger and chips. Couldn't really see what it looked like and the chips didn't taste so good but the burger was delicious. Found out later that all the tomato sauce had gone in my flip flops and not in the bun :eek:

The movies are every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 8.30pm and entrance is free. Thursday is another showing at 10.30pm. From Sunday will be Die Hard 4.0 and the following week What Happens in Vegas.

Next door to the disco/cinema is Les Petites Nursery and they have just started Salsa dance classes every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 6.30pm. It costs LE35 for one hour. I went last night and it was great fun. Usual problem though, no men :( But it makes a nice evening because you have time to go for a beer in Downtown inbetween the salsa and cinema :)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sounds great Georgina and for free as well - cant be bad. You will have to get Nick and Peter down to the Salsa nights - dont forget to take lots of pics of them to post here tho lol x

S

SuziQ2708

All sounds good Georgina, are the films in english language or subtitles? Maybe we'll venture there next week I love tomato sauce flipflops ... yum :p

Georgina

Georgina

All sounds good Georgina, are the films in english language or subtitles? Maybe we'll venture there next week I love tomato sauce flipflops ... yum :p
The films are in English. Last night there were Arabic and French subtitles too.

W

wanderlust

Diving in Sharm

Hi Sharma's:)
Any advice appreciated
My son and his girlfriend have just booked a last minute deal to go to, I think (he told me when he came in last night at 11.30 and is at work now) Naama bay in 3 weeks. he is also going with friends and they are all very sporty and would want to experience snorkeling and diving (and probably every drink available!!):D
Do you think it would be best for him to arrange this through agent at hotel or would it be better to try and source/contact someone independantly?
I have been given the task today of trying to find the best insurance to cover him!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks in anticipation
Take Care

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi try Colona

I took this from their facebook

Colona Sharm has started a new system where we can offer full Diving Insurance that begins immediately. No waiting for confirmation emails or 24 hrs for payment clearance. This means the diver can decide on the day of check in or even on the boat to have insurance.

No messing about with credit cards we pay for you and add it to the bill.

It only costs 5euros/day so it’s ideal for the diver who wants to dive only a few days.

It has added bonuses of; Diving upto 50mtrs (ideal for technical divers) and it fully covers rescue boat transport, which is one thing that most other insurances don't cover.

Weekly, Monthly and yearly policies are available too.

Policies are supplied by Divemaster Insurance full info at Welcome to Indepths

See their website COLONA DIVERS SHARM EL SHEIKH | 360 panorama images | Diving Sharm el Sheikh

W

wanderlust

Hi try Colona

I took this from their facebook

Colona Sharm has started a new system where we can offer full Diving Insurance that begins immediately. No waiting for confirmation emails or 24 hrs for payment clearance. This means the diver can decide on the day of check in or even on the boat to have insurance.

No messing about with credit cards we pay for you and add it to the bill.

It only costs 5euros/day so it’s ideal for the diver who wants to dive only a few days.

It has added bonuses of; Diving upto 50mtrs (ideal for technical divers) and it fully covers rescue boat transport, which is one thing that most other insurances don't cover.

Weekly, Monthly and yearly policies are available too.

Policies are supplied by Divemaster Insurance full info at Welcome to Indepths

See their website COLONA DIVERS SHARM EL SHEIKH | 360 panorama images | Diving Sharm el Sheikh
Thanks a lot much appreciated

queenie40something

queenie40something

Your welcome - do you know what hotel they are staying in??

W

wanderlust

Hi
He didnt get in till 11.30 and was full of himself because they had finally got something booked (the 4 of them have been searching for ages) . think he tell tell me but have forgot so will get all the 'low down' tonight.
I know he really wants to experience snorkeling/diving so I said I would try and get him some info .
The site you highlighted to me is excellant thanks a bunch
Take Care

Georgina

Georgina

Hi Sharma's:)
Any advice appreciated
My son and his girlfriend have just booked a last minute deal to go to, I think (he told me when he came in last night at 11.30 and is at work now) Naama bay in 3 weeks. he is also going with friends and they are all very sporty and would want to experience snorkeling and diving (and probably every drink available!!):D
Do you think it would be best for him to arrange this through agent at hotel or would it be better to try and source/contact someone independantly?
I have been given the task today of trying to find the best insurance to cover him!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks in anticipation
Take Care
Red Sea Diving with Emperor - dive resorts, liveaboards and courses are highly recommended and have several places in Sharm.

Divers Alert Network is the best insurance for divers. www.daneurope.org . Sometimes the dive centres sell you an extra recompression chamber insurance to make sure there is no delay getting you into the pot while they check out whether your insurance company are going to pay the bill. I doubt there would be any problems with DAN. Also be careful because some insurance has a limit to the depth you can dive to. OK it doen't matter if they are just learning to dive but if you are buying an annual insurance policy they may wish to progress. Plus I have seen many novices at 30 metres!

W

wanderlust

Definately not a good idea the night before you go diving. Can cause serious dehydration!
Thanks for the info Georgina, really helpful
As usual will advise him re safety issues and as usual will get told by him hes old enough to know what hes doing, so will give the standard response of:- the day I stop advising (or interfering as he puts it:rolleyes: ) is the day I wont be around anymore and the women in my family live to a ripe old age:D

W

wanderlust

Hi Alison
He has just said its the Tropicana Tiran Hotel , they go on the 31st for 11 nights he,s really looking forward to it .
Thanks again for info and all the 'work' you put in on the Forum
Take Care