Diving / Sports / pastimes / recreation

queenie40something

queenie40something

I love playing squash and play every lunch time in work. Has anyone come across squash clubs in hurghada? I know they hosted the championships last year but haven't come across any clubs?
Hi Lyndsay - found this in El Gouna Land Sports
tennis and squash courts available at Club Med at Movenpick.
Alot of hotels have squash courts in Hurgh but dont know if available to non residents.

L

lyndsay552

Thanks for the information. Looks like I'll have to find room for squash racket.

I suppose it could be something to add into the Hurghada womens club .... 'sigh'

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Lyndsay I'll give you a game! I played Squash for 26 years, not recently as there are no facilities where I live, but there's life in the old dog yet!!

L

lyndsay552

Looking forward to it. I'll have to get plenty of practice before I go over!!

L

Lsab

Yuk! I never fancied it anyway but that would really put me off. It said that shisha is an Egyptian thing but it's everywhere here too.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Lord of the Dance at Cairo Opera House

If anyone is in Cairo then they may want to visit Lord of the dance show 30,31 March and 1st April - I have added these dates to the calendar
Lord of the Dance - Tour Dates

queenie40something

queenie40something

Yuk! I never fancied it anyway but that would really put me off. It said that shisha is an Egyptian thing but it's everywhere here too.
We normally ' take part ' but I will certainly now have second thoughts.

Georgina

Georgina

Sports / pastimes / recreation

We have a new cinema in El Gouna located in the Mirage Open Air disco which is just past Arena Inn and near the entrance to Downtown where the quad bikes are. Entrance is free. I haven't tried it yet.

Cinema program July 2008
Week 1 (June 29th – July 3rd)
The Bucket list with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman

Week 2 (July 6th – July 10th)
Untraceable with Diane Lane

Week 3 (July 13th – July 17th)
Die Hard 4.0 with Bruce Willis

Week 4 (July 20th – July 24th)
Vegas with Cameron Diaz

Every Tuesday, Sunday at 08:30pm & Thursday 08:30pm and 10:30pm.

M

majicou

Excellent - let us know when you have been and what it's like. Can't believe its free - is this just an opening offer?? Looking forward to trying it when we are next over - which at the moment won't be until Christmas!

P

propertastic

Thanks for the tip-off, Georgina.

The lack of a cinema is the thing that we missed most about living in Hurghada (so much so that when we went to Cairo, we didn't bother with the pyramids - just headed straight to the nearest multiplex!) So it was great news to hear that there is one opening in El Gouna. We dashed off there last night to check it out.

It took quite a bit of finding as there are no signposts for it. The security guard hadn't got a clue what we were talking about even though we were standing only 10 metres from the entrance!

I think the best way to find it would be to look for the sign to the 'Les Petites' nursery and then turn left once you've passsed underneath it.

The cinema is wonderful - (especially if you like to smoke and have a drink as you can do both there!) I hope it doesn't get too popular though as the circular design means that you only get a good view from the middle part of it.

The only problem was that I think that the projectionist is still learning how to use the equipment as the aspect ratio was wrong and so everyone on screen appeared squashed and dumpy. Also, there was a terrible problem with the sound as there was a loud hissing noise throughout which made it very hard to hear the dialogue.

Hopefully this was just a problem with the print rather than the cinema's sound system and the next movie will be better.

We will certainly be giving it another try next week as it is a real asset to the area's local entertainment options.

Georgina

Georgina

We will certainly be giving it another try next week as it is a real asset to the area's local entertainment options.
I haven't been there yet. Too wrapped up in Wimbledon :) If you come back on a Sunday night then don't forget to pop into the Smugglers Pub to say hi! Open from 7pm.

P

propertastic

I haven't been there yet. Too wrapped up in Wimbledon :) If you come back on a Sunday night then don't forget to pop into the Smugglers Pub to say hi! Open from 7pm.
Is the Smuggler's your place or are you just propping up the bar every night? :p

I will try and pop in next time I come to El Gouna.

Georgina

Georgina

Is the Smuggler's your place or are you just propping up the bar every night? :p
/QUOTE]

Can't afford to prop up the bar every night in El Gouna ;) I just work behind the bar on Sunday nights. I wrote about the owner, Richard, in the summer issue of El Gouna magazine on page 29 elgounamag