Discovery Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dubai_nomad

AT the moment the real estates are advertising the above development and once they get rid of the flats they will move somewhere else.
Isn't that what every estate agent does everywhere in the world? If there are flats for sale they will sell them? – yes but not good for the honest people and they should know that the prices are not real

On top of that the above project is built under the national power grid and the quality is not great.
Have you actually been to DG? The electricity pylons are on the road side. Quality is meant to be very good.
Yes I have been and the power grids are just next to half of the buildings.
Don’t full the people please they are innocent investors and should know what they are buying.

As I said before the oversupply is starting in Dubai and all the overprized projects will suffer in the near future.
How do you know this? You should research the % of studio and 1 bedrooms (if any) in the surrounding areas that are currently occupied by families. Then find out how many families are renting or require decent 1bedrooms or studios.
Dubai has a great future and the infrastructure is being laid down. If there is a oversupply now, which I dont think there is, it will correct itself in the next couple of years. DG is a great development in an excellent location, with a real feel of community and alot of greenery. I dont see this in any of developments within this price range.
Don’t make me laugh. One bedroom JBR, Dubai Marina with facilities is 100000 DHS per year and you are trying to get the same price without facilities far way from the beach under the power grid.
You must be joking.

1500 per sqft is too much and the rent is unknown
Where have you taken this figure from? I wouldn't take the estate agents advertised sales prices. They are sometimes over priced. Testing the market.
One bedroom 1.2 million - real size 820 sqft .
Ok not exactly 1500DHS but very close.

I have invested IC, SO, DM(sold),DG (sold).
DG bought a studio for 380k last year sold it recently for 520k
Net profit 120k or 30% (for one year) not bad ,but from now on I don’t know.
There are two reasons why I think you are talking nonsense. Firstly the pylons are way away from the development. I have a picture from the air which I will post on this forum. You can go to skyscrapercity for yourself and see.
#PROJECT: DISCOVERY GARDENS - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

Secondly - this is a development for honest working families. Dubai is going expected to see a huge increase in labour force, they will need somewhere to stay and rent. DG is perfect - its not aimed at super luxury.
I think you are confusing your development, DG is meant to be a quite development which does have many swimming pools, basket ball courts, spa, saunas and will be surrounded by gardens. Marina is just another high riser that is surrounded by a man made pond. Some familes would like their kids to run around and play rather than being stuck in an apartment...not to mention the pollution.
Here are some pictures from DG
#PROJECT: DISCOVERY GARDENS - Page 22 - SkyscraperCity

I heard IC is not doing too well and the designs are pretty poor.

M

mpat

There are two reasons why I think you are talking nonsense. Firstly the pylons are way away from the development. I have a picture from the air which I will post on this forum. You can go to skyscrapercity for yourself and see.
#PROJECT: DISCOVERY GARDENS - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

Secondly - this is a development for honest working families. Dubai is going expected to see a huge increase in labour force, they will need somewhere to stay and rent. DG is perfect - its not aimed at super luxury.
I think you are confusing your development, DG is meant to be a quite development which does have many swimming pools, basket ball courts, spa, saunas and will be surrounded by gardens. Marina is just another high riser that is surrounded by a man made pond. Some familes would like their kids to run around and play rather than being stuck in an apartment...not to mention the pollution.
Here are some pictures from DG
#PROJECT: DISCOVERY GARDENS - Page 22 - SkyscraperCity

I heard IC is not doing too well and the designs are pretty poor.

Dubai nomad,

Did u actually visit discovery garden recently ?

G

girlinterrupted

quality of construction of the buildings is way better than that International City

Dubai nomad,

Did u actually visit discovery garden recently ?
I have visited Discovery Gardens last week and the quality of construction of the buildings is way better than that International City. The main entrance of the building and the floors are marble (not talking about the flat's floor). It is beautifully landscaped already the trees have been planted. Plus with each flat parking is included. IC did not sell the parking so whether you find a parking is just luck. Landscaping has been completely ignored at IC and can you really compare the location at the end of the day to IC??? It is on sheikh zayed road. Please stop comparing it IC, they are two different developments at different locations with different pricing.
Gentlemen if you haven't noticed, the cost of construction is a lot more than it was last year or the year before and with proper labour laws in force, it will be difficult to sell anything less than 1000 per sq ft. So while you may see a correction in the future it can't be very steep. What might happen though is that all the small developers might have to pull out of projects because they might not be able to sustain the cost of building it.

A

aazain

Noor Islamic Bank providing finance for DG

I have heard that Noor Islamic Bank is proiding finance for units in DG that are not financed by FGB, Amlak, or Tamweel. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

A

aazain

for sale 1br in DG

I am looking to sell my 1BR in med cluster, 4th floor, net BUA of 968sqft. please pm me if interested.

M

mpat

I have visited Discovery Gardens last week and the quality of construction of the buildings is way better than that International City. The main entrance of the building and the floors are marble (not talking about the flat's floor). It is beautifully landscaped already the trees have been planted. Plus with each flat parking is included. IC did not sell the parking so whether you find a parking is just luck. Landscaping has been completely ignored at IC and can you really compare the location at the end of the day to IC??? It is on sheikh zayed road. Please stop comparing it IC, they are two different developments at different locations with different pricing.
Gentlemen if you haven't noticed, the cost of construction is a lot more than it was last year or the year before and with proper labour laws in force, it will be difficult to sell anything less than 1000 per sq ft. So while you may see a correction in the future it can't be very steep. What might happen though is that all the small developers might have to pull out of projects because they might not be able to sustain the cost of building it.

I m not comparing DG with IC but with JLT , DIP etc. Have you seen lifts ? Its cheap quality . . . ! ! !
Greenery is just for the name sake,Just compare it with the neighboring community GARDEN.
For sure,DG cant be compared with IC even though same developer,Becos prices are much more than IC.competing with DSC,JVS etc.so there is no comparison.

G

girlinterrupted

I m not comparing DG with IC but with JLT , DIP etc. Have you seen lifts ? Its cheap quality . . . ! ! !
Greenery is just for the name sake,Just compare it with the neighboring community GARDEN.
For sure,DG cant be compared with IC even though same developer,Becos prices are much more than IC.competing with DSC,JVS etc.so there is no comparison.
I own a flat in JLT and know the area well, trust me the quality aint so great there either. Gardens has been there for a while so all the greenery has taken its shape. They are planting similar trees in DG and Gardens is not freehold so you can't buy it. DG and IC may have the same developer but the same developer also built the palm, should we start comparing it to the palm? JLT is also not comparable because that is high end luxury development. I think you might want to compare it to the greens because of the feel of community, open areas etc.
The original price of Greens was around 520k for 741 sq ft.

M

mpat

girlin....
My point is basically its not a good quality work,in other words,it does not worth 1000 DHS per SQ Ft at all.
I could see cracks all around on the sidewalls of outside structure of the building in med cluster.
One should be doing proper research before putting money in it.unless its a calculated risk , being it ready for renting and make money out of renting and keep for long around 10 to 15 years.....

G

girlinterrupted

I don't know about the cracks I didn't see any when I went there. I think nakheel has a better rep in terms of quality than it's counter parts. Have you been to the greens?

A

aazain

I don't know about the cracks I didn't see any when I went there. I think nakheel has a better rep in terms of quality than it's counter parts. Have you been to the greens?
I have personally been to DG several times and have been quite pleased with the quality myself. I have not noticed any cracks on outside walls and the quality of the interiors was quite good too. Ofcourse it's not a luxury development and hence the quality has to bee seen in that context and that's why the current market price is approx 1000 / sqft whereas developments of similar quality, e.g. the greens are selling at 1500/sqft and the marina's and JLT's which are considered luxury developments are selling anywhere from 1500 - 2000 /sqft.

D

dubai_nomad

Rental

does anyone know any decent estate agents who will rent my property out?

Do you know if it is better to furnish the flat before hand? I know in Australia most property you rent is not furnished.

Whats the current trend in Dubai?

A

aazain

does anyone know any decent estate agents who will rent my property out?

Do you know if it is better to furnish the flat before hand? I know in Australia most property you rent is not furnished.

Whats the current trend in Dubai?
Try Better homes or Asteco.. they have good reputation here. it's perfectly normal to lease it unfurnished in dubai. if you plan to lease for long terms, ie 1 year or more then it's preferred to give the property unfurnished. If you wish to go for shor-term rentals i.e. 1 month, 3 months etc then you will need to furnish it as these short term tenants will demand it. The advantage of short term rentals in dubai currently is that there is high demand for it and you can charge a premium of 30%-40% over annual rents.

K

kennyhubbard

Hi guys,

Any ideas on the seling price psqf in DG at the moment? I would also need to know who is financing them these days?

Regards

Kenny

F

farooki

Hi guys,

Any ideas on the seling price psqf in DG at the moment? I would also need to know who is financing them these days?

Regards

Kenny

Sq ft price for a studio is around 1400 and 1200-1300 for a one bed. This is whats in the market as of today.

A

aazain

Hi guys,

Regards

Kenny
Noor Islamic Bank is providing finance, also I have heard that after handover all banks will provide finance, it this turns out to be true then the price if DG will really take off. This period of 1-2 months before handover is a good time to buy a property here at a bargain price and if you can get finance from Noor Islamic bank then even better.

D

direct2dubai

Does anyone have inof on when Nakheel is starting with hand over of the Mediterranean buildings i.e. the one's bought through Tamweel's launch last year April?

Status
Not open for further replies.