Dirty Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stylinexpat

I bought 2 units myself in Saba Tower II. When I bought my unit off plan about 4 years ago (roughly that is) the maintenance fee was 4 Dhms. and the transfer fee was 1%. When someone sells a unit they are writing up a new contract with new maintenance fees and transfer fees. I read my contract word by word and there is no such thing in there as to having a new contract written up in the even you sell your unit. As far as I am concerned the developer no longer owns that unit and has sold you that unit for a certain price along with certain fees and that contract should carry on to the new buyer as well. I spoke with a lawyer about this and he told me that this was illegal. Anyome know more about this?

Whether I own the unit or someone else owns this unit I bought this unit with a particular maintenance fee and particular transfer fee. This unit is supposed to be freehold and the developer sold this unit to me meaning that he no longer has anything to do with this unit. The developer is entitled to his maintenance fees and transfer fees as per what we had signed on. I don't like they Micky Mouse games they play here in Dubai at times..

Status
Not open for further replies.