ad

Difficulty finding financing?

M

michaelbysiek

​What hurdles do you face in finding financing for your upcoming projects? What resources have you tried?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I think that many European and US banks have seen their balance sheets weakened over the last few years and are now frightened to invest in areas where they have been fairly active in times gone by. The Help to Buy scheme in the UK is opening up opportunities for UK investors but we really need to see banks start to lend again.

It will happen but I think it will take time.....what avenues have you tried of late? How available is finance in the US?

M

michaelbysiek

There are many financing opportunities in the USA. It depends on the variables you are willing to accept and what you are able to bring to the deal. It has been tougher to get lending from banks though. If you need money faster than the conventional banking process or have gotten turned down from a bank, you can always seek out private or hard money. If you are experienced in the real estate industry, you always have the option of seeking out an equity investment with a JV partner.

Have you had difficulty obtaining financing in any of your deals in the UK?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if you saw this article we added today:-

http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/north-america-real-estate/25703-canadian-investors-gorging-us-commercial-real-estate.html#post160487

With regards to the UK property market, it is very buoyant at the moment with the government offering financial help to home buyers and commercial rents offering a lot higher returns than those available on deposit. The only question in the UK seems to be when the Bank of England will increase base rates.

Regards,

Mark

X

xclent

Possibly dead - but in the UK especially there is a huge alternative finance market for property funding. Some big players coming through in the likes of Shawbrook etc. Whether it is bridging, BTL, development, or resi mortgages.

B

bradwhite

I read the article on the link provided above on canadian investors and came to knew about government offering financial help.