Difficulties Off Plan Bansko

S

SPview

confused !?!?!?!

Hi Jainandchris

Im a little confused - when I posted a personal recommendation for a Lawyer on here, it was "suggested" by yourself that I wasnt perhaps kosher - and that people should be warey of Lawyers name being given out on the forum, but your latest post again gives a lawyer recommendation just the same.

Now I personally dont have a problem with anyone giving recommendations, of course that is what the forums should be for, to give each other our own experiences, good and bad. But I would like to hope that we all trust each other when we can, I´ll accept that your lawyer recommendation is legitimate and warranted with nothing for you to gain, in the same way I would expect the same courtesy should I comment in the future on my own lawyers who have been extremely helpful and professional to me and friends of mine.

I feel like Ive ranted a little now so forgive me for that.

Cheers
Simon

J

Jain and Chris

Hi Simon

Not a 'rant' at all. I think the only reason I was worried in the first instance was because you had made only a few posts and they all were about one lawyer. Naturally suspicious, I am, I'm afraid. Anyway, you have already cleared that up on another thread I believe?

Yes, we have recommended a lawyer. This is the lawyer who writes for free for the Quest Bulgaria property and lifestyle internet site to assist property buyers with understanding about legal issues and implications of buying property in the country.

She has represented many British owners of Bulgarian property and successfully won court cases against unscrupulous agents and developers - and we have hundreds of recommendations from visitors to our site as testimonials to her voracity in supporting and assisting foreigners with problems regarding Bulgarian property. Given the number of people who recommend her (and her work for our site which she does at no charge),we can only recommend her highly.

Of course we have nothing to gain! We are totally independent and do not take 'backhanders' in return for recommendations. This lawyer does not even advertise on our site - the recommendation comes from our numerous visitors' experience of her work for them.

I too think it is good that people share on a forum. The only risk, of course, is that recommendations can be disguised as nobody knows who they are really dealing with. I have seen instances of people logging on with a variety of usernames on fora only with the pure intention of doing someone down or pushing someone forward. This is not to the benefit of the visitor. Hey, the delights and dangers of the internet?

Anyway, enough off-topic ramblings. Let's get back on subject. This is about Difficulties Off Plan Bansko.

Cheers, J n C

thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
any chance mods can clean up the pointless 'where is the love' posts and other of topic posts. Don't quite understand why these people bother but kinda of ruins the flow of the topic.

J

Jain and Chris

Hi Rachel, just done: it was only posted a few mins ago. We do try and keep up with this kind of rubbish but it's not easy. Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,

L

LydiaS

Your experiences - for an article in Property Week magazine

My name is Lydia Stockdale and I am a journalist on a UK magazine called Property Week.
I would like to speak to people who are at risk of losing the deposits they have put down on property developments due to delay and cancellation.

I am also keen to speak to those who have invested money in schemes which have fallen dramatically in value.

I'm writing a feature about people who have put a substantial proportion of thier savings into property.

You can tell me as little or as much as you like. The article is about the people behind the investments.

I'm contactable at lydia dot stockdale at ubm dot com

Many thanks,

Lydia

M

Manzanares

Positive / Negative ....

My name is Lydia Stockdale and I am a journalist on a UK magazine called Property Week.
I would like to speak to people who are at risk of losing the deposits they have put down on property developments due to delay and cancellation.

I am also keen to speak to those who have invested money in schemes which have fallen dramatically in value.

I'm writing a feature about people who have put a substantial proportion of thier savings into property.

You can tell me as little or as much as you like. The article is about the people behind the investments.

I'm contactable at lydia dot stockdale at ubm dot com

Many thanks,

Lydia

Hi all,

I KNOW that things are pretty dire at the moment, and have been for some time, and I see a lot of journalists posts asking for people to "share their bad experiences". I have no doubt at all that these issues relating to bad developers, mis selling etc need to be addressed and brought out into the light - BUT at the same time it does anger me that we never see anyone asking for people to come forward with good positive experiences. The reason I think this is so important at this particular moment is that everything we hear, see and read is so negative! and its almost like a self fulfilling prohpecy .... we STAY NEGATIVE cos thats all we have around us!
Would love it if we started to see some good news!

Over and out.
:D

M

Manzanares

My apologies for my last post, I did intend to add that I represent a Law Firm and am comfortable advising you of that. We regularly assist clients who are in difficulty, but at the same time the majority of clients have, in the past, had a smooth and trouble free experience with due dilligence being the key.

There is no doubt of course that the current economic climate has resulted in some originally reputable and reliable developers falling on difficult times, and as a result the buyer is usually suffering financially.

But equally one also has to accept that there are developers, agents, promoters and indeed Lawyers out there who have created some of the appalling situations some investors now find themselves in.

My original post was a genuine personal response and I didnt wish to confuse the two.

D

Daslerciachah

Hello!

Hi Guys,

Just joined up, thought i would say Hi :)

Jenny

L

Lyprolley

Simple question vacances

Bonsoir ! Ca fais un moment que je vous lit… mais là je choisi de m'inscrire pour vous demander c'est quoi le site au juste du magazine plein air vacances . J'ai apprit qu'il y aurait une tonne de photos à faire sur ce site..! Bye..!!

J

Jain and Chris

Bonsoir

Pourquoi vous parlez en francais? Ce site est un site en anglais. Si vous avez une question que vous voulez poser en francais, veuillez m'envoyer un pm. Merci. Saltuations

Why are you speaking in French? This is an English language site. If you have a question which you wish to pose in French, you are welcome to send me a pm. Thanks, all the best