Difference's between Morocco and the Red Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I am looking to buy an investment / vacation 1-2 be apartment in Morocco. Does anyone have any experience with the two areas? And can you give me some similarities/differences between the two places. Any advice would be much appreciated. Also anyone that knows of a good off-plan sea view development. Please contact me as well.

I am an agent selling properties on the Red Sea, and I also have a home there, but I am now looking to buy a place for my personal use in Morocco.
Thank you,

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

If you have not noticed. One is a Country and the other is a sea.

I

ironfever

Glenn

Morocco is a beautiful land that is really progressing with Kind Mohammeds vision and financial aid from UAE and the EU.´I will assume you are aware of the developments and vision2010.

I am not involoved with property along the red sea, but i can bullet several reasons why i think you´re on the right path in looking for a holiday home in Maroc:

+ assuming you live in the UK, Morocco i just a short journey away, Royal Air Maroc has ordered 500 new aeroplanes (you can now fly direct from London to Marrakesh and Tangiers). Easyjet has started new routes, ryanair has announced 20 new routes.

+ great diversity of landscape and culture

+ secure notary buying process (yes the french influence)

+ a captive rental market for when you´re not holidaying

+ cheap cost of living, which means you can holiday on a budget

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

"(you can now fly direct from London to Marrakesh and Tangiers). Easyjet has started new routes, ryanair has announced 20 new routes" .

You could always do it by GB airways it is expensive. Can also take Iberia, via Madrid, its time consuming and expensive.

What, are the cities are covered by the new ryanair route and where is the information collated from ????

I

ironfever

Why would you go via Madrid, one of the biggest Airports in Europe? sure if you fancy walking 4 miles. worst case you take a flight to Malaga, or transfer internally, ie Casablanca.

GB Airways has been bought by Easyjet, so you can expect re-branding and cheaper flights After March 08 (up until this period they will be operated as GB) with hopefully all of the same routes.

Sources, I cant paste links, go to a search engine and type:

GB Airways Easy jet

and for ryanair type

Ryanair morocco new routes

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

Via Madrid or via Casablanca. The prices are not much difference. I have going to Malaga and than travel to Tariffa and take a ferry.

The whole day s lost but once I am in Malaga, I have all day at my leasure to get accross. I dont need tospend time in Casablanca airport. The connecting flights are always delayed, the gates get changed, the food is shocking bad.

I have checked out the details via google. Most of the Ryanair routes to Tangiers/Tetouan are not covered yet.

Many thanks for the info. We wait and see. I however do not think that Easyjet is cheap any more. There have been times when they have more expensive than BA

I

ironfever

Sounds like your property is in Northern Morocco, am I right?

if so........ I have heard, although I´m waiting for clarification on details that tetouan airport which is being expanded and transformed from a regional airport into an international one. Its true, much of the day is wasted transferring, but remember you can always take the helicopter from Malaga to Cueta (187 return).

Otherwise, hopefully by 2025 the tunnel will be in place, lets hope Lombardi achieve this great project!!!

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

Yes, my property will be in the North. I have been told that the helicopter flight is a waiting game, as it leaves when it full and the take off slots for it are low priority.

The tunnel will be for freight to the best of my knowledge. I think low cost will be there before.

Tetouan airport is already used for international flights during summer.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

Best place to invest in Morocco

Can I get opinions on the most desirable city to purchase an apartment in Morocco? Include beauty, flight access, English friendly, food, investment return and so on. Thank you,
Glenn

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

It depends on what you want to buy i.e. flat, townhouse,Villa, riad & your pocket and your ultimate use, i.e. holidays, buy to let, retirement etc.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

A flat. For use about 8 weeks a year, the rest of the time rental. Costing about 100,000-120,000 USD.

I

ironfever

I would say look at tamuda bay (near Tetouan),marina smir to be exact, orif your budget is tighter, Kabila (a smaller marina). a 2b2b will fetch around €1400 per week for July and August.

Marrakesh is beautiful, higher prices but flight access is already in place.

M

mushtaq

I would also be interested in this as I also have a place in Hurghada, but am looking at Marocco because it's easier and cheaper to get to for quick breaks.

I have only been to Fez, which was great for few days, but not suitable for me. I think I would prefer north coast but I have not visited the area yet.

Few developments I looked at last year were running late and didn't seem to have secure contracts etc. so I didn't bother take things further, but maybe things have changed?

A

awahee123

Banned
Anybody any info on any offplan developments in Morocco.

Status
Not open for further replies.