Did any try the property court ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

memo123

Hello all
Did any of you try going to the property court or the civil court to break your reservation form or contract with the developer and what was your experience like?
please share with us your experience
regards

S

shazy

Are you asking about in dubai or uk? i hve tried to get a solicitor to take on cases here in the uk and i am still looking no one wants to get mixed up in dubai!!! i'll be watching this thread 4 ideas:(;)

G

gohar

Hi,

Let me know if you find legal representation, I would also like to a lawyer. Maybe we can pool resources if have issues with the same developer. We cannot just lay down.

Thanks
Gee

A

Ajmanprop

FYI - I was told by my Dubai lawyer - that in the UAE, group / class action type suits are not allowed. Instead, each litigant has to file independently.

1) Need to come up with court filing fees of AED 30,000 per litigant.

2) What can be shared are the lawyer's fees - for cases that are the same and against the same developer. In my case, they wanted an 80,000AED deposit to get started.

3) By the way, there is no guarantee - as they say, it may look like you have a good case, some laws on your side, but still no guarantee that the court will find in your favor.

In my case, the above amount (AED 110,000) represents 30% (total is AED 357,000) of what I would stand to get anyway - so hesitant to move forward.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.