Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Diary 2008

Discussion in 'Egyptian Lounge' started by awahee123, Jan 1, 2008.

1. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi People,

I am starting this thread so that we can all note any important dates on these pages.
    You may also like to put your dates down of your visit to Egypt,this will allow anybody going at the same times to maybe meet up and have a drink together and share some of your many experiences.
    Remember anything with a concrete date can and should be added.
    Welcome to 2008 IN EGYPT.ENJOY.

2. Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry <B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>

Great Idea! I shall be in Hurghada from the 25th Jan until 8th Feb 2008 staying at the Hor Palace Hotel. My mobile number is 0034 609 070 153 and I would suggest that if you wish to contact me you do so by text. Roaming charges are collosal in Egypt; its best to buy a local sim card for when you visit.

3. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Hi WA

The Hurghada Internatinal Festival sarts on 4th Feb and lasts 12 days.
    See below

The Hurghada International festival is a 12-day event featuring three sporting disciplines. It opens on 4 February with the second edition of Egypt's triathlon competition, followed by the recently-introduced 75km Mare Monti, which features international competitors running off-road between sea and mountains. On the final day spectators can see athletes taking on the Hurghada Half Marathon, with 10km and 21km races run by over 200 participants.

Rather them than me!

4. queenie40something

The International Egyptian Marathon.

From their website

Dear visitors :
    We have the pleasure of introducing the International Egyptian Marathon & the 100 km Pharaonic Race, This Year as We celebrate its 14th anniversary Marathon , 7th 100km Pharaonic Race and the first Cleopatra run Alex..
    The 15th Egyptian Marathon will be taking place at Luxor City on February 15th 2008, the 8th 100Km Pharaonic Race will be taking place at Cairo City on 14th November 2008 and the 2nd Cleopatra Run at Alexandria City on 10th October 2008. The Marathon is an international event with over 36 nationalities participating and it is the only A I M S (Association of international Marathons and Road Races) certified Marathon in the country

5. Peter Mitry

Sounds brilliant; I had no idea they had these type of events in Egypt. Until 10 years ago when I moved to Spain I was running Marathons every weekend and doing about 60 miles per week in training. My ambition was always to run around the Himalayas. Its all gone to pot since then though, too much sitting on the proverbial, too much food and no exercise has taken its toll!

6. queenie40something

Hi Pete - there you go then thats your New Years resolution - get in shape and enter next years Egyptian marathon and we will all come and cheer you on!

I remember watching a bike marathon on GMTV - I think it was Fern Britton taking part - in Luxor and riding along the Nile - I think it was a charity event and not sure if it is annually. I will reserch and find out.

7. queenie40something

Hi the NDCS charity for deaf children are organising the Nile bike race the 8 - 16th March 2008.

8. queenie40something

Hats!!

Abu Tig Marina, a world-class resort in El Gouna, hosts Egypt's first Hat Festival. Residents and guests are invited to unleash their imaginations and create their very own headpieces, which can be made of palm leaves, paper, cotton wool, feathers, flowers... or anything else.
    The most original pieces are awarded a variety of prizes, including hotel vouchers, romantic dinners, spa treatments and excursions. Entertainment includes recitals, opera and jazz performances and a firework display, while the grand finale is a belly dancing show

Doesnot give an exact date but says July 2008.

9. Peter Mitry

Queenie you are a mine of information! So if I expire at the roadside doing the bike marathon you can place your elaborately decorated hat on my poor shattered remains as a suitable memorial!!

10. queenie40something

Ha ha - I'll start on my design today!!

Weird and wonderful things in Egypt.

11. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi people,

9th of Jan is the new year for the Islamic calendar,so don't forget your happy new year blogs LOL.
    Anybody going out soon please post on here with dates etc,you may get other people visiting at the same time.

12. dave99

dave99 New Member

Coptic Christian Christmas - 7th Jan

Coptic Christian Christmas - 7th Jan I think

13. Peter Mitry

Quite right dave99; my family are Copts.

14. Peter Mitry

Its also my wifes birthday! Thanks for reminding me!!!

15. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

1st April 2008,official handover date for Desert Pearl and Suleder developments.

16. queenie40something

My handover date for my apartment is 28th Feb. Anyone for a party!! Mind you it is Egyptian time so prob be 2009 LOL.

17. lyes

lyes New Member

Hi every one, Happy new Year, wishe you all the best
    is there any one interested in Hyde Park?
    there will be a launche in Dubai on January 8.

18. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

queenie
    Bet your all packed ready for it, now you have done all your homework wishing you all the best and let us know how you get on. Don't forget suncream and insect repelent LOL

19. queenie40something

Hi J4 - thankyou. I havent booked any flights yet as you know what they are like. They give you a handover date and then it changes. It was origanlly Jan! Im going wait until they are for certain. Plenty of cream etc left over from Nov/Dec. Once all booked I will post my dates on here. Cmon Sharmers where are you???

20. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

We are out in Hurghada on the 18th April and I don't need to pack any clothes they are already out there with the insect repelent and suncream, so plenty of room in suitcase for the bacon,sasauges and new Toaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.