Development of the Natal coastline

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rob if you go North and South you will come across various empty condos.Go to the portoria and get the price.There should be people in them but there are not!And as it has been almost 1/2 yrs there should be!So when I say that things do not sell as well as you may think they do they actually dont!I do know what I am talking about and the prices are the same as pre la.Ok.It is so annoying.Now I have Micheal nit picking.Researching is the key.I do not advertise for agents so I cannot name them ,sorry.
Dotty, I know what is selling and what isn't, so I am merely asking where you went to see if your observations are the same as mine.

It isn't that hard a question to answer.... Where did you go?

D

Dotty

Banned
I am not talking about listing in the area I am talking about properties that go up and no movement going on which is the same for the North!At present in the north we have Lagoa de Coalho with their difficulties and uncertainties ,Grupo Sanchez has not even begun and their financial difficulties in Spain(SP)we have the other called Palm Beach(not sure the latest )and from what I understand we now have Zumbi condo for sale without construction or part?!So basically difficulties all along somewhere or another.
We don't list anything in Buzios and Tabatinga as we didn't like the area nor thought it was a good investment (at least at this moment, this may change in the future).

But this is south of Natal, where did you go in the North?

G

Golfingworld

Dotty, I agree with you I have seen developments that are clearly at a standstill but what you have to consider is how the sellers react. You have to remember that all these developments are there as investment properties and many are not for actual residence..they are speculative. Consequently, the Agents, Developers and Sellers have spent the last 10 years or so being used to telling buyers "buy now or the price will have risen next week" and "as we have risen the prices for this phase, it shows how all of you have or will make money". But this theory has suddenly ground to a halt and they are now in new territory..buyers have dried up, developers are running out of money to fund their plans and Agents are desparately trying to convine us that things are not as bad as people say. That's why the comments from Agents never say.." yes you are right mate, prices are dropping, construction is not moving as fast as we said and the money we said you would make is now far less". The Offplan concept doesn't work in a declining market as it is cheaper to buy next year than to specualte on future profits..those not yet in should stay out, those in should decide if it is better to take a hit on their deposit than to throw bad money afer worse. These are the key points to consider. But, you are right I have been watching natal for 18 months now and it is not moving forward and properties are in a slowdown..no doubt about it.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not talking about listing in the area I am talking about properties that go up and no movement going on which is the same for the North!At present in the north we have Lagoa de Coalho with their difficulties and uncertainties ,Grupo Sanchez has not even begun and their financial difficulties in Spain(SP)we have the other called Palm Beach(not sure the latest )and from what I understand we now have Zumbi condo for sale without construction or part?!So basically difficulties all along somewhere or another.
Dotty,

The reason I mentioned listing is that I agreed with you that there are problem areas and/or developments, which is why we don't list them.

Even though you keep saying overseas agents are bad and Brazilian agents are the best we get offered junk by Brazilian agents and Brazilian developers all the time. This is why we visit Brazil as often as possible to see what is good and what isn't and we get our tried and trusted Brazilian lawyers to check out the developers/project licensing, etc..

If you think the whole coast is full of empty condos then you really are Dotty, we have sold out plenty of developments, and we have clients visiting them and some are even living in them and they all love them.

Also it sounds like you didn't drive North of Natal at all Dotty, if you did why won't you say where you went?

D

Dotty

Banned
Why do you not offer clients properties that are ready instead of off plan projects?Surely it is a safer bet??If Brasilians give you a bad deal(I am surprised )as they are always more than willing to demonstrate all kinds of properties if you know what you are looking for and where. But having said that I am still waiting for a price list of a predio and it has been 2 wks!
Dotty,

The reason I mentioned listing is that I agreed with you that there are problem areas and/or developments, which is why we don't list them.

Even though you keep saying overseas agents are bad and Brazilian agents are the best we get offered junk by Brazilian agents and Brazilian developers all the time. This is why we visit Brazil as often as possible to see what is good and what isn't and we get our tried and trusted Brazilian lawyers to check out the developers/project licensing, etc..

If you think the whole coast is full of empty condos then you really are Dotty, we have sold out plenty of developments, and we have clients visiting them and some are even living in them and they all love them.

Also it sounds like you didn't drive North of Natal at all Dotty, if you did why won't you say where you went?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you not offer clients properties that are ready instead of off plan projects?Surely it is a safer bet??If Brasilians give you a bad deal(I am surprised )as they are always more than willing to demonstrate all kinds of properties if you know what you are looking for and where. But having said that I am still waiting for a price list of a predio and it has been 2 wks!
We do offer both, it depends on the client's needs.

M

mickthepropertyguru

Hello everybody. Could anybody tell me if beach plots in Coral Beach Resort with Venturis International in Ceara above Natal would be a good investment. The plots around around 400m for around 10,000 euro i believe. Is it a good area ?

S

Sao P

Man.... this forum is weird.

I am really surprised knowone has responded to your message yet. Maybe I am wrong, I dont know, but I think people don’t want to get talking about this place again. Very controversial....so it sounds. Hopefully others with more knowledge on this campsite will comment, or not. There actually is a separate Coral Beach thread, but it has not been active for over a month. Unfortunately, some intersting stuff / info has been deleted from that Coral Beach thread. Apparently, very libelous. If thats the sort of investment you like to get involved with, well then, give it a shot. Too risky for my hard earned money.

Sarah Nash... give him the rundown on CB.

S

sarah nash

haha

I am here!!!

Ok, well I bought in Coral Beach and have received my title deeds. So I have the security that I own 450m2 of land in Flexeiras. The price I paid was exceptional in terms of any competitors. The remarks have been deleted as they were not true, rather written by a competitor, which was proven and therefore the posts were removed.

go to venturisinternationals website, read their InFocus section. Some very interesting reading.

I would DEFINATELY recommend buying in the project, and as an existing client I have some rather exciting news that should apparently become public in 2 or 3 weeks. This news I GUARANTEE will make a rapid sell out and higher prices immediately.

Think world cup!!

Anyway, do your own research, but I have done the main checks, company, due diligence and competition.

good luck

D

Dotty

Banned
When you say -think World Cup,do you mean that they have confirmed which cities the matches will be held and what properties they will rent and in what locations?

S

sarah nash

nope... but that does sound interesting.

I saw a report on bbc world today about Brazil, 60 000 millionaires created there last year. Also 400% plus growth, 101 other reasons also, brilliant report, would love to find it online somewhere.

D

Dotty

Banned
I just checked the flights today from the UK and for July the prices have risen to over 1,000 pounds because of extra fuel costs ! , yet you can fly to a destination in the US for just 200 pounds ! I am not sure where the 400% growth is as exportation has dropped 15% yr 2007 to month ending April 2008,but true cars are 40% more expensive than the UK,food prices are sky high,restaurant prices have increased , medical and dental care have increased 8%,school fees have increased 7% travel costs and petrol have increased, services have remained the same ,very poor.I would like to read this article.Thanks.
nope... but that does sound interesting.

I saw a report on bbc world today about Brazil, 60 000 millionaires created there last year. Also 400% plus growth, 101 other reasons also, brilliant report, would love to find it online somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.