Day to Day Girlie Topics

L

lyndsay552

Hi Girls,

Now we can talk away till our hearts content.

I hope we can get some good topics/moans on the go

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay

Great work from Bob to get this sorted for us all.

Welcome ot to mod madhouse. Please dont hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

Alison

L

lyndsay552

Thanks Queenie, you'll probably regret that offer after a few days, when I am continuously pm'ing you. lol

Thanks again

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

LOL - seriously though anything to help - I might not always know the answer but we always have Big Bruv Bob.

L

Lsab

As I told Bob yesterday I get turfed off the laptop once husband and son are home from work and school at 3.30 so now is the first time I've been able to get back on and have a look around. There seems to be lots of new things - I've been missing out!

C

CMChris

Aha now I can actually open webpages thanks to my server being totally useless, I'm playing catch up with all these posts. Love the new 'lounge' area too.

L

lyndsay552

Aha now I can actually open webpages thanks to my server being totally useless, I'm playing catch up with all these posts. Love the new 'lounge' area too.
Glad to see you back again. Hope you are well.

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Just heard on the news that Shannon Matthews has been found alive and well. Her parents must be ecstatic.

L

Lsab

Just heard on the news that Shannon Matthews has been found alive and well. Her parents must be ecstatic.
Sorry Queenie, I've only just seen this post. Whatever the eventual outcome I'm sure her parents must be over the moon yes. What a tangled story though.

N

noushkey

Wish I had the guts and bravado to just up and leave UK. I have no family living near me, no children, no partner at the moment and find it so hard to make friend in the South as a Northerner especially a single female in her early 40's.

I feel my life is slipping past and I'm just commuting to London, and then vegging on the sofa and then spend all weekend playing catch up with the house and garden etc.

I love Egypt, sun, holidays and think the UK does not offer a good quality of life any more for me what with prices soaring and overcrowded transport and I certainly do not want to retire here, I'd be too scared to go out of my own home at night if I was elderly.

I just worry about giving up work and being bored, I get bored after a weeks beach holiday and I'd need to work, and being a single girl in Egypt is quite daunting which is why I bought in a complex so I can stay by the pool if I don't meet anyone willing for me to tag along to the beach with them.

and not speaking the language, running out of money etc.......... oh dear!

:(

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Noushkey

If I was in your shoes I wouldnt hesitate. I think that it is so much easier to make friends in Egypt.

Where abouts South are you living?

N

noushkey

Hi queenie

I live in Essex, Canvey Island and work in London. I get up in the dark and go home in the dark in the winter.

I have a lovely house and car and all the trappings of working in the City but have no real family and friends and it can be quite lonely.

I thought about moving back up North but keep thinking been there done that.

Maybe we should have a vote on here.... Deal or no Deal as to whether I should go for it!

L

Lsab

This might sound naive but would it be possible to try Egypt for a year. Rent out your property in the UK, rent another in Hurghada which naturally would be much cheaper and see how you like it. I don't know what work you're in but some companies are open to sabbaticals. If you don't try it you might always regret it and this way wouldn't be quite so scary. What do you think?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Chin up Noushkey! Hurghada's waiting......I have been living overseas for 11 years and if I'd spent too much time thinking about my 60k a year job in Manchester and my company Mercedes I would never have moved. Since then I've done all sorts from selling advertising space, selling timeshare and now have my own international real estate business. Things have sometimes been hard but one thing has been consistent - we would NEVER move back to the UK. We are currently in Spain and planning to move permanently to Hurghada in three months or so. Take the plunge! I was 50 when I did it and I have not once regretted it.

N

noushkey

Peter

Need a PA?

Thanks for the advice Isab/Peter/Queenie, just need to start seriously putting some plans in order.

At least I got my contracts yesterday for the Pearl Vista, completion Oct 2009, hope I can wait than long!!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I am from Surrey so not too far from you.

I agree with Lsab. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If you dont then later in life you may regret not giving it a go.

As Lsab says if you dont like it you can always come back. We cant wait to go out but cant at the moment as our youngest will be taking her exams next year. As soon as we can afford it we are off.

My husband is the same, goes to work and its dark and gets home when its dark. I thought I would never convince him to leave the UK but he is as keen as I am now after spending quite alot of holidays in Egypt.

We find the Egyptians so welcoming, accomodating and friendly.

They are so hospitable Im sure you will be having to turn down dinner invites.

In Sharm we have Sharm Womens Club with a mixture of nationalites that have moved to Sharm. They meet up publicly once a month in the evenings. This is a great way to make friends. Someone really needs to set up something similar in Hurghada as Im sure it will be a success.

We are a friendly bunch on here. If you get lonely join us for a natter ( Lsab and Linda ) as we normally have a chit chat daily or in the eves on MSN.

My vote is got for it girl. You never now you might find love out there as well. A few on here are happily married to Egyptians.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Also meant to say that there are quite a few either in Hurghada or moving out shortly so you defo wont be lonely and short of friends.

L

lyndsay552

I'm moving to Hurghada and really can't wait.

All my friends and family think I am mad but as you say, the UK is not a great place to place to live at the moment.

I'm in a similar position to you, I have a lovely house, 2 new cars sitting in the driveway and at least 3 holidays a year to all over the world.

But it has got to the point that as soon as I come back from holiday I'm on the internet booking the next..

Queenie is right, we need to set up a hurghada womens club, which will be a great place to meet all the expats.

Hurghada seems quite a safe place to live and I would feel more comfortable going out at night there, than in some places in the UK.

My German Shephard is coming with me, so everywhere I go on my own, she'll be coming with me!!

Have a read at the thread about Living in Hurghada, as it talks about the low cost of living. You would be surprised how little it would cost you to live over there.

Any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay look here to get an idea of wat they do and organise
SharmWomen .:. Home

and here for mins of last meeting SharmWomen .:. Minutes

They do some great work especially with the stray cats and dogs and they are currently trying to ban plastic bags in Sharm.