Day to Day Girlie Topics

N

noushkey

What are people planning to do out there once they move?

Work?
Chill?
Retire?

I'll check out the Living in Egypt forum tomorrow and see if there are any details on there about jobs/ visas etc.

Thanks

Just looking out of the window at the grey clouds gathering!!

L

Lsab

Something for you to think of starting Lyndsay:) It looks very well organised Alison. Expats in this country (Bahrain) have all sorts of clubs but the womens associations always seem to be up to something interesting!

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Noushkey - yes its going to pour here and it was 30 in Sharm!!

We plan to work a few hours each week - as long as we make enough money to live on.

Hubby will probably like to get a few shifts in a bar as cant see him working on a building site in that heat.

L

lyndsay552

Something for you to think of starting Lyndsay:) It looks very well organised Alison. Expats in this country (Bahrain) have all sorts of clubs but the womens associations always seem to be up to something interesting!
I had a funny feeling that that was coming!!!

N

noushkey

I'd better get advertising my cleaning skills then and see if I can get a job doing people's 'change over' days when renting their properties!!

or maybe be a water aerobics instructor!

L

Lsab

Seriously though, this is the time to start up businesses like that. Get in on the ground floor and build a reputation. I really think you should go for it.

...and with Lyndsay founding the Hurghada Women's Club, what are you waiting for:D

queenie40something

queenie40something

That is what I thought of doing in Sharm - there is another that is charging £25 per clean for 1 bed!! Another company is advertising taxi pick ups for £15 each way - I pay that for a return.

There is so much potential in resorts such as Sharm and Hurgh its just a case of having a look around and putting your thinking cap on.

What havent you seen in the resorts, what have you not been able to find etc.

Someone has set this up in Sharm recently and I would imagine that it would make them a pretty penny YouTube - Aironex Full Throttle
This is not the one in Sharm but gives you an idea.
Bet they charge at least £20 a go!! Nice little earner if you have the capital.

L

lyndsay552

OMG!! That looks fantastic, I'd love to try that. Might have to nip over to Sharm for a go.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I know how cool is that!!! I'll have a go and put it on you tube for you all to wet yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Alison! The trouble is that ex pats come to Egypt or Spain and offer basic services like cleaning or building work at the same rates as back home. So what happens next? Its not a cheap place to live any more and prices of everything else start to rise!
The trick is to earn from providing services that mostly only holidaymakers will want, like your wind tunnel idea, this way it doesn't affect the local economy and make it more expensive for you to live there.

queenie40something

queenie40something

That was my way of thinking Peter. There are so many opportunities out there that you can gear towards the tourists.

Brits will pay for things like the wind tunnel. There are enough shops, restaurants and bars out there.

I know Sharm is crying out for a really good mobile hairdresser as the women cant seem to find a decent, reliable one.