Darling stimulates overseas property market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rowlandsbb

After yesterday UK is now again high on the list of high tax location for the top earners as the effective top rate with NI is 63%

Darling also wanted to stimulate the property market in UK but instead has probably stimulated it in EU and other overseas locations where tax is much lower!!!

Great if you have a property for sale and those who work for companies who will move overseas will find that they will be able to buy their new homes at an 'attractive price' ......provided they move quickly!!!

A bit of a bonus forced on them by Darlings tax hike!!

Even the top end of the market is slow so there will be good deals about

Does not do much for the UK economy as we have seen in the past but re location agents may geta boost!!

What a mess and for those EU property markets which have been popular with UK buyers, it is going to be a long time before the ordinary man in the street comes back in the market

Life style buyers have a different approach so for them 2009 is a good time to buy

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
After yesterday UK is now again high on the list of high tax location for the top earners as the effective top rate with NI is 63%

Darling also wanted to stimulate the property market in UK but instead has probably stimulated it in EU and other overseas locations where tax is much lower!!!

Great if you have a property for sale and those who work for companies who will move overseas will find that they will be able to buy their new homes at an 'attractive price' ......provided they move quickly!!!

A bit of a bonus forced on them by Darlings tax hike!!

Even the top end of the market is slow so there will be good deals about

Does not do much for the UK economy as we have seen in the past but re location agents may geta boost!!

What a mess and for those EU property markets which have been popular with UK buyers, it is going to be a long time before the ordinary man in the street comes back in the market

Life style buyers have a different approach so for them 2009 is a good time to buy
Many people who have businesses that can be run from abroad may also look at relocating their businesses to countries which are more tax friendly and where it is perhaps easy to form a company through which to buy properties.
The UK government have once again shot themselves in the foot.
At the rate they are going everyone with any money at all will be taking it out of the country with the result that the economy will just plunge even deeper into the red.

R

rowlandsbb

May even go to Paphos Pippin...very nice location!

I favour Spain because for me it is quick access to and from UK but Cyprus has a lot going for it

D

Damian George

the uk is a nightmare - Darling admitted that he plucked £150k out of the air

Did he not calculate that this end of the tax paying market can work and live anywhere and the most employable of all?

Personally as long as i have a internet conection and a phone i can work from anywhere and leave the emeployees in the office

AND DID I MENTION THE WEATHER?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
the uk is a nightmare - Darling admitted that he plucked £150k out of the air

Did he not calculate that this end of the tax paying market can work and live anywhere and the most employable of all?

Personally as long as i have a internet conection and a phone i can work from anywhere and leave the emeployees in the office

AND DID I MENTION THE WEATHER?

The weather is just one more reason not to be in the UK.:eek:
Give me sunny Cyprus any day. Long hot summers, relaxing with a nice glass of local red wine beside my pool is my idea of heaven:D

Status
Not open for further replies.