Damac Lotus La Res 2 + Two Year Delay

A

albog

^^ Yes, and they seem well settled too.
Any idea when it ends?

Once they can delolish this and prepare the site, it'll then take 4 to 5 years to build this project depending on the contractor. So if they start to demolish now you're looking at minimum 2013 before this gets done.

For completion dates people need to look at the progress of various other buildings. A 70 storey building is going to take 4 years and no less. As an example the quickest I've seen a 70 floor tower go up in Dubai is the rose rotana tower which started in something like may 2004 and was finished jan 2008 or so

R

Rammah

^^ Yes, and they seem well settled too.
Any idea when it ends?

Once they can delolish this and prepare the site, it'll then take 4 to 5 years to build this project depending on the contractor. So if they start to demolish now you're looking at minimum 2013 before this gets done.

For completion dates people need to look at the progress of various other buildings. A 70 storey building is going to take 4 years and no less. As an example the quickest I've seen a 70 floor tower go up in Dubai is the rose rotana tower which started in something like may 2004 and was finished jan 2008 or so
If any human being knew when this will happen, it would be Sheikh Mohammed.
And it's because we all don't know, that it's causing this dilemma!

Once again, I strongly believe DAMAC has obviously nothing to do with this, and it's out of their control. If anything, they are as upset as the investors not to be able to know the timescale of what's going on there!

Rammah

R

rahaly

If any human being knew when this will happen, it would be Sheikh Mohammed.
And it's because we all don't know, that it's causing this dilemma!

Once again, I strongly believe DAMAC has obviously nothing to do with this, and it's out of their control. If anything, they are as upset as the investors not to be able to know the timescale of what's going on there!

Rammah
So ..

Why damac don't anounce these information to there customers ??
Even they can say " we're wating til .... so & so "
!!!

R

Rammah

So ..

Why damac don't anounce these information to there customers ??
Even they can say " we're wating til .... so & so "
!!!
I seriously don't know if they do or don't, when they do and don't and why they do or don't!

The world of business and media are so huge, and I hope we could know the answers to everything!

Rammah

A

albog

I think this is both DP and Damac's fault.

First of all why did DP even sell this plot when they hadn't confirmed how long those buildings would still be there?
Then, why did Damac launch the project not knowing when they'd have access to the site to start construction? Unless of course they were told by DP that they could demolish the buildings after a certain date, then it's entirely DP's fault.
Thirdly, and this is entirely Damac's fault. How can they insist on a completion date when they don't even know when the thing will start? This isn't just Damac but all Dubai developers do this.

By the way Rammah, this is unrelated but do you know anything of the progress of damac heights?
I presume the disaster they had at the infinity tower site next door delayed the start of contruction but now infinity tower is on its way up, still not out of the ground but will be soon. Do you have to wait before infinity is out of the ground before damac heights can start or has it started already?

R

Rammah

I think this is both DP and Damac's fault.

First of all why did DP even sell this plot when they hadn't confirmed how long those buildings would still be there?
Then, why did Damac launch the project not knowing when they'd have access to the site to start construction? Unless of course they were told by DP that they could demolish the buildings after a certain date, then it's entirely DP's fault.
Thirdly, and this is entirely Damac's fault. How can they insist on a completion date when they don't even know when the thing will start? This isn't just Damac but all Dubai developers do this.

By the way Rammah, this is unrelated but do you know anything of the progress of damac heights?
I presume the disaster they had at the infinity tower site next door delayed the start of contruction but now infinity tower is on its way up, still not out of the ground but will be soon. Do you have to wait before infinity is out of the ground before damac heights can start or has it started already?
I was in Dubai last month and saw the plot of DAMAC Heights. I was told that work was starting imminently, but the source wasn't official! So I don't know.

Rammah

A

albog

Wow, that was quick!
I check skyscrapercity all the time, I think there was some ground levelling or something, nothing else.
It would be great if they could get arabtec to do the job. Ocean heights is going up very fast now and they're also working on the infinity tower which might help in organisation, etc. I guess we'll see...

J

Johan

Damac and The lies

I Bought An Appartment Off Damac Last Year La Residence 2 Lotus At Business Bay.these Towers Were Scheduled For Completion Late 2009,i Have Found Out That Damac Do Not Have A Start Date
For Lotus 2 And Have Now Offered My Money Back After 3 Months Of Questioning About The Start Date Of The Project Which They Could Not Confirm.
This Firm Have Lie From Day One When The Salesman Told Me That The Electricity Cables Were Being Laid When I Put Down My Deposit,which Is Why I Bring This Message To Investors. I Feel Very Angry About The Lies And Lack Of Communication From Damac
Hi, I worked for Damac in Hamburg Germany and early Dec 2008 Mr Darren Simpson, GM of Damac UK, walked into our office stating they are closing the office. He promised to pay outstanding wages before the end of Dec 2008 but nothwithstanding many communications we have not received anything from Damac but lies! Is it possible that they are completely bankrupt? In Dubai emploees also struggle to get paid - read various articles in Gulf News.

R

Rammah

Hi, I worked for Damac in Hamburg Germany and early Dec 2008 Mr Darren Simpson, GM of Damac UK, walked into our office stating they are closing the office. He promised to pay outstanding wages before the end of Dec 2008 but nothwithstanding many communications we have not received anything from Damac but lies! Is it possible that they are completely bankrupt? In Dubai emploees also struggle to get paid - read various articles in Gulf News.
I still work for DAMAC in the UK where we closed several offices, and people who were made redundant, as well as those who are still employed are getting paid, and I know that for a fact since I sit in the office and see all that happen.

Anyway, claiming that we are possibly going bankrupt is just a spiteful attitude, and if you really think this is the case [or even a likely possibility], my advise to you would be to immediately take legal action through courts to recover your money before we really become bankrupt, and it's too late for you to even take actions!

The logic behind closing all those offices is simply to adapt the business with the needs of a recessions. Keeping all those employees and all those offices when the financial turmoil is happening is simply an expensive exercise which cannot be justified when the level of activity wasn't requiring those numbers! I'm surely in full understanding of the business decision even though I could be a victim of it, but I'll never ethically justify to make allegations and spread rumours regardless of the personal impact it has on my personal financial situation and career!

In fact, this business decision should prove to all DAMAC investors that the company has a great adaptation model, which grows and expands when there is an environment allowing that, as well as tightens the belts when that's required.

Regards,

Rammah

Last edited:
S

samsaf

I still work for DAMAC in the UK where we closed several offices, and people who were made redundant, as well as those who are still employed are getting paid, and I know that for a fact since I sit in the office and see all that happen.

Anyway, claiming that we are possibly going bankrupt is just a spiteful attitude, and if you really think this is the case [or even a likely possibility], my advise to you would be to immediately take legal action through courts to recover your money before we really become bankrupt, and it's too late for you to even take actions!

The logic behind closing all those offices is simply to adapt the business with the needs of a recessions. Keeping all those employees and all those offices when the financial turmoil is happening is simply an expensive exercise which cannot be justified when the level of activity wasn't requiring those numbers! I'm surely in full understanding of the business decision even though I could be a victim of it, but I'll never ethically justify to make allegations and spread rumours regardless of the personal impact it has on my personal financial situation and career!

In fact, this business decision should prove to all DAMAC investors that the company has a great adaptation model, which grows and expands when there is an environment allowing that, as well as tightens the belts when that's required.

Regards,

Rammah

Cheers, man!

We need such posts to keep our spirits up!!

M

memo123

At least you got your money back

I Bought An Appartment Off Damac Last Year La Residence 2 Lotus At Business Bay.these Towers Were Scheduled For Completion Late 2009,i Have Found Out That Damac Do Not Have A Start Date
For Lotus 2 And Have Now Offered My Money Back After 3 Months Of Questioning About The Start Date Of The Project Which They Could Not Confirm.
This Firm Have Lie From Day One When The Salesman Told Me That The Electricity Cables Were Being Laid When I Put Down My Deposit,which Is Why I Bring This Message To Investors. I Feel Very Angry About The Lies And Lack Of Communication From Damac
you should be very happy , other developers have sold us air , and cashed in 40-60% of the property value , delivered nothing bnt sand are are not welling to give one penny back without a court case

J

Johan

Damac

Regards,

Rammah
I am not claiming anything but facts. My question still is: If Damac is not bankrupt, then why dont they pay us as promised? Why does your GM, Darren Simpson, that took over the German operation, not respond to our e-mails, telephone calls etc. He did in fact phoned today but when he realised it was me speaking he slammed the phone down. My telephone records can prove this!

But you can a relay a message to your Mr Simpson: I will do everything in my power to expose Damac for who they are and as I have been in marketing for over 25 years I have the knowledge and know -how to do this it at no extra cost on my behalf. It is not my intention to run a false campaigne against Damac but ourely to get from them what is owed to me. If they are exposed in the process then its their own doing.

J

Johan

I dont think Damac Heights will ever be built....What a joke!

H

Hussein Awadh

I dont think Damac Heights will ever be built....What a joke!
Un-official news say that shoring is already under-way.

I'm still getting my salary, so NO, people are not having problems with their salaries in Dubai. I don't know why or whether the U.K GM did, say what he said, but all of the people in Dubai have received the 3 Months salary upon termination after Visa Cancellation.

How long have you worked with DAMAC is the question, perhaps you were still in the probation period?

Expose what? I think DAMAC is pretty transparent...

R

Rammah

Un-official news say that shoring is already under-way.

I'm still getting my salary, so NO, people are not having problems with their salaries in Dubai. I don't know why or whether the U.K GM did, say what he said, but all of the people in Dubai have received the 3 Months salary upon termination after Visa Cancellation.

How long have you worked with DAMAC is the question, perhaps you were still in the probation period?

Expose what? I think DAMAC is pretty transparent...
Very well said Hussein!

Rammah

S

shazy

wat is this yr 1st job !!!!

There isn't a department called "customer services" within the DAMAC organization.
In any event, I apologize to you on behalf of the DAMAC family and whoever may have mislead you into that information. It's surely against the ethos of our company, but if a consultant have lied to you, that's surely a one off incident and not something that DAMAC would tolerate.

From an objective point of you, the resolution [refund] that was offered to you is fair in my opinion. What would you have expected otherwise?

Note: When/If you reply, I hope you don't put the caps lock on.

Regards,

Rammah
God rammah i came across u on another thread and the way you go on about damac !!! you would think YOU owned it not worked there!!!

But there is good and bad in all companies and damac is no exception ( sorry to burst your bubble!!) I have friends who have had very bad experience with sales people including the Sales manager in leicester ( Now closed I know)

originally the wanted to buy a Studio in Tuscany 2 as thats what they could afford at the time buy out right but the sales person instead it would so much better to buy five units and after 2nd payment they would personally sell flip them and they would make a profit of £98,000 and above!!!! who could resist they remorgaged their property and went ahead after having several personal home visits!!!!

of course after 2 payments on 5 units they were told on a weekly basis next week , tommorrow etc phone calls not answered promises promises and now they are up the creek!!!!! so to speak both staff not working for damac no farewell or forwarding address for them ( commission must be good on 5 compared to 1) Its awful seeing good friends going through this they are completely at breaking point financially and marital status!!!

Yes I have heard that they have spoken to the London office and they have been superb but its not in their hands and it has to be dubai who decides if the can reduce thir units without losing money on the others. fingers crossed dubai staff are as pleasant as london and not cons in Leicester!!!

Sorry maybe its a hard pill for you to sswallow but youare a bit touchy about damac they are your employers not parents!! I mean someone said they spoke to customer services in london and you tell them there isn't that department there, then further down you tell someone to contact customer relations !! i mean aren't you been a bit touchy whats the diference CS & CR???!!! petty somewhat.

Like I said there is good and bad in all companies YOU DON'T [COLOR="red" have to solve all damac's problems

J

Johan

Yah...and thats why Damac has no loyal customers, because they did not treat any Gentleman fairly...and I rest my case!!

J

Johan

Yah...obviously Rammah is getting paid just to watch blogs and reply to them...

R

Rammah

God rammah i came across u on another thread and the way you go on about damac !!! you would think YOU owned it not worked there!!!

But there is good and bad in all companies and damac is no exception ( sorry to burst your bubble!!) I have friends who have had very bad experience with sales people including the Sales manager in leicester ( Now closed I know)

originally the wanted to buy a Studio in Tuscany 2 as thats what they could afford at the time buy out right but the sales person instead it would so much better to buy five units and after 2nd payment they would personally sell flip them and they would make a profit of £98,000 and above!!!! who could resist they remorgaged their property and went ahead after having several personal home visits!!!!

of course after 2 payments on 5 units they were told on a weekly basis next week , tommorrow etc phone calls not answered promises promises and now they are up the creek!!!!! so to speak both staff not working for damac no farewell or forwarding address for them ( commission must be good on 5 compared to 1) Its awful seeing good friends going through this they are completely at breaking point financially and marital status!!!

Yes I have heard that they have spoken to the London office and they have been superb but its not in their hands and it has to be dubai who decides if the can reduce thir units without losing money on the others. fingers crossed dubai staff are as pleasant as london and not cons in Leicester!!!

Sorry maybe its a hard pill for you to sswallow but youare a bit touchy about damac they are your employers not parents!! I mean someone said they spoke to customer services in london and you tell them there isn't that department there, then further down you tell someone to contact customer relations !! i mean aren't you been a bit touchy whats the diference CS & CR???!!! petty somewhat.

Like I said there is good and bad in all companies YOU DON'T [COLOR="red" have to solve all damac's problems

If you don't treat other people's businesses as if they were your own, then make sure you never own a business.

I'm grateful for the fact you are amazed about that part of my character.

Sorry about your friend's situation. I personally would never do such a thing regardless of the financial benefits. There is things much more important that few dollars in life.

Rammah