Damac Lotus La Res 2 + Two Year Delay

R

rahaly

It's certainly going to be more than 2 years delayed. No way this will be completed by 2011.
It seems people really underestimate how long it takes to build buildings like this, you usually need at least 4 years providing everything goes as planned for a project this size to get done.
Also there's some united nations office in the way of this so won't get started until they're relocated
TOW YEARS !!!
YOU'LL BEE LUCKY IF THEY EVER START BUILDING THIS PROJECT

VISIT THIS SITE :

La Residence - the Lotus(2)- Business Bay-DUBAI (theLotus2)

R

rahaly

THIS IS WHAT THE GROUP OF BUYERS SAYS :

Owners/Buyers in :

La Residence - the Lotus(2)- IN Business Bay-DUBAI
( Damac company )

It is clear to us that/ we are a group of owners at this project, that project has not been completed, or has been delayed for completion to another time for unspecified reasons we know.

Damac has not disclosed to us so far.

It is clear by confirmed documentations that Damac does not accept transfer of pruchase contracts between owners at this time which will cause us tremendous loss because of any contract or obligations we comply with others.

Until now there is no official comment from Damac explaining the project or weather it is going to go ahead and get completed or not,

Despite that since our agreement almost two years ago, no work has been achieved on site of the project.

(some of buyers paid already 40% from the buying price) .

You will face difficulties in dealing with Damac in regards to this issue , as you will get no response from them about this project .

{you may try }

Therefore we a group of owners are going to get legal moves { through lawyers} who are working for owner group’s interests.

And we will start collecting names and contacts information for the buyers to co-ordinate between them and call them to take the necessary legal measures and this will not cost you any thing at this stage.

Mr. Nasser Jawad Al-Arbash a lawyer from Kuwait (Law firm since 1969- About Us) who is also an owner in the project has accepted to take charge of co-ordination between effecters of the owners without any pay to set the office of an specialized lawyer in these kind of cases in Dubai, so to reach

Final decision which we have to take about these losses, especially

That Damac has not responded to any of the owners we know .

We believe that our actions as one group will reduce the expenses a lot.

Please send us your name,unit number & contact informations to:

[email protected]

and we will keep you posted as we go along.

NASER JAWAD ALARBASH

AGROUP OF La Residence - the Lotus(2)- Buyers

A

albog

It could get built but here is what has to happen first.
The people in those UN offices finish their lease.
They get relocated somewhere.
Building needs to be torn down.

R

rahaly

It could get built but here is what has to happen first.
The people in those UN offices finish their lease.
They get relocated somewhere.
Building needs to be torn down.

IN THE LAST END , THERE IS A PROBLEM THAT WE'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND .
ALSO DAMAC WILL NEVER OFICIALLY ANOUNCE , THEY WILL NEVER ANSWER ANY QUASTIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT
WHY ??
YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT !!!

S

sap001

DAMAC Lake View Compensation

IN THE LAST END , THERE IS A PROBLEM THAT WE'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND .
ALSO DAMAC WILL NEVER OFICIALLY ANOUNCE , THEY WILL NEVER ANSWER ANY QUASTIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT
WHY ??
YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT !!!

Hello Rahaly,

As you know Lake View in JLT Dubai has suffered considerable delays. Can you or anyone else tell me how much compensation ie a % of the original purchase price DAMAC are obliged to pay for these delays to purchasers who bought one of their apartments many years ago? How and when will these payments be made?

sap001

R

Roshan

Hello Rahaly,

As you know Lake View in JLT Dubai has suffered considerable delays. Can you or anyone else tell me how much compensation ie a % of the original purchase price DAMAC are obliged to pay for these delays to purchasers who bought one of their apartments many years ago? How and when will these payments be made?

sap001
They would mention it in your contract. Developers tend to say compensation but are clever not to mention how much.

Regards

Roshan

J

jyotika

Secret Life of.....

Damac has launched 80 projects, yet handed over 2. Enough said.

You might be interested in reading this article i saw on kippreport aboyt the secret life of Hussain Sajwani, the ceo of DAMAC. it is a forum where you can leave your comments.

R

Rammah

You might be interested in reading this article i saw on kippreport aboyt the secret life of Hussain Sajwani, the ceo of DAMAC. it is a forum where you can leave your comments.
Hussain Sajwani is not the CEO of DAMAC!

If the report gives this information, then I am already wondering how credible of a source that is!

Regards,

Rammah

K

kokni001

DAMAC delays

Hussain Sajwani is not the CEO of DAMAC!

If the report gives this information, then I am already wondering how credible of a source that is!

Regards,

Rammah
Yet again we have Rammah from DAMAC Properties (Mayfair branch, London, UK) taking great delight in picking faults with comments from other members on this forum. He would be better employed getting his employers to actually deal with the unacceptable delays faced by an ever increasing number of DAMAC investors.

For the record Peter Riddoch is the CEO and Hussain Sajwani is the Chairman. But then he already knew that! Why did he not say so?

R

Rammah

Yet again we have Rammah from DAMAC Properties (Mayfair branch, London, UK) taking great delight in picking faults with comments from other members on this forum. He would be better employed getting his employers to actually deal with the unacceptable delays faced by an ever increasing number of DAMAC investors.

For the record Peter Riddoch is the CEO and Hussain Sajwani is the Chairman. But then he already knew that! Why did he not say so?

Thanks for the presentation, and for clarifying who is who!

Are you an investor with DAMAC? have you faced unacceptable delays? Which project did you invest in?

Rammah

K

kokni001

Thanks for the presentation, and for clarifying who is who!

Are you an investor with DAMAC? have you faced unacceptable delays? Which project did you invest in?

Rammah
Rammah, before I answer your questions I would like to know what YOU and YOUR company will do about compensating people facing unacceptable delays?

R

Rammah

Rammah, before I answer your questions I would like to know what YOU and YOUR company will do about compensating people facing unacceptable delays?
If you invested, read the contract and contact the Customer Relations department as they'll need to know which project to give an accurate answer on the reasons of the delay if "unacceptable", as most times it's out of DAMAC's control.

If you haven't, then we'll talk face to face when you are thinking of investing.

Rammah

K

kokni001

If you invested, read the contract and contact the Customer Relations department as they'll need to know which project to give an accurate answer on the reasons of the delay if "unacceptable", as most times it's out of DAMAC's control.

If you haven't, then we'll talk face to face when you are thinking of investing.

Rammah
Rammah,

As usual you are adept at saying nothing! I have already invested with DAMAC with the result that there is a 2 yr+ delay in handover of your project at Lake View. I have no intention of investing with your company again and would advice most people to do likewise. Incidentally the "unacceptable" delays are entirely within the control of DAMAC since they are the ones who appoint their sub contractors.

R

Rammah

Rammah,
As usual you are adept at saying nothing! I have already invested with DAMAC with the result that there is a 2 yr+ delay in handover of your project at Lake View. I have no intention of investing with your company again and would advice most people to do likewise. Incidentally the "unacceptable" delays are entirely within the control of DAMAC since they are the ones who appoint their sub contractors.
1- I hope you contacted crm and got your answers. if not, do so until you do.

2- Just from a curiosity point of view, why are you holding on to your unit if it's bothering you that much?

3- Different people have different tasks at different times in life. We happen to have opposite tasks at the current moment!

Rammah

K

kokni001

1- I hope you contacted crm and got your answers. if not, do so until you do.

2- Just from a curiosity point of view, why are you holding on to your unit if it's bothering you that much?

3- Different people have different tasks at different times in life. We happen to have opposite tasks at the current moment!

Rammah
In answer to your questions:

1) In the last 3.5 months I have contacted several times Mr Gammon (Senior Vice President in Dubai),his secretary, Mr Peter Riddoch (CEO) and have yet to receive a SINGLE REPLY from any of them. So dont talk to me about contacting your CRM department. They dont know the meaning of that word. I am one of MANY DAMAC investors who are totally fed up with your company.

2) I am holding onto my unit because I need a place to live!

3) Instead of you being on opposite sides to me, why dont you devote your energies in resolving what both of us want ie apartments delivered on time and to the specification promised? Surely that is the best endorsement of all and not too much to ask.

R

Rammah

In answer to your questions:

1) In the last 3.5 months I have contacted several times Mr Gammon (Senior Vice President in Dubai),his secretary, Mr Peter Riddoch (CEO) and have yet to receive a SINGLE REPLY from any of them. So dont talk to me about contacting your CRM department. They dont know the meaning of that word. I am one of MANY DAMAC investors who are totally fed up with your company.

2) I am holding onto my unit because I need a place to live!

3) Instead of you being on opposite sides to me, why dont you devote your energies in resolving what both of us want ie apartments delivered on time and to the specification promised? Surely that is the best endorsement of all and not too much to ask.
Send your email to [email protected] and please cc me [if you want]. if you don't get a response within 3 working days, please let me know and I'll help further.

Note: My role isn't to resolve problems, but I surely take on board the fair comment and polite approach, and I'll do my best to push what I can as far as I can.

Rammah

R

rahaly

Hi Rammah

realy I apriciate what you trining to do seriously for Damac costumers, but it doesn’t help, because damac problems bigger than you can even help to answer rather than solve.

Still am training for several months to get writhin letter or official notice from Damac about Lotus2 status, is there delay in the project?

I couldn’t get any answer till now!!!

CAN YOU ANSWER OFFICIALLY IN THE FAVOR OF DAMAC ????

R

Rammah

Hi Rammah

realy I apriciate what you trining to do seriously for Damac costumers, but it doesn’t help, because damac problems bigger than you can even help to answer rather than solve.

Still am training for several months to get writhin letter or official notice from Damac about Lotus2 status, is there delay in the project?

I couldn’t get any answer till now!!!

CAN YOU ANSWER OFFICIALLY IN THE FAVOR OF DAMAC ????
It's not within my power or authority to do so! However, I am sure someone from DAMAC would've written to the related investors explaining what exactly is going on. If not, please email the address provided above, and let's take it from there.

Have you physically been to the section of Business Bay where Lotus 2's plot of land is?

Rammah

R

rahaly

It's not within my power or authority to do so! However, I am sure someone from DAMAC would've written to the related investors explaining what exactly is going on. If not, please email the address provided above, and let's take it from there.

Have you physically been to the section of Business Bay where Lotus 2's plot of land is?

Rammah

Physically, I visited Damac in their office in Almosa2 tower in sheikh Zaid rd, where they told me they have problem with the main developer (I think EMAAR) so they can’t start the project till they solve the problem, It seems they want to change the location of the project.

Physically, I sold my 4 apartment with good interest to someone I told him the problem honestly …….. Thin I returned his money back because:
Simply Damac refused to transfer the contract with no reason, also with no written letters (so you can’t get any legal written proved in your hand).

Rammah ,
Bleave me , Damac have alot of problems , so far they have many projects , if they finish 10 projects they'll say " see those projects that we finished" .... but they'll never say any thing about th other tens which they have problems in .

................................ so
Don't try to cover there problems , it is bigger & worst than to bee coverd ;)

R

Rammah

Physically, I visited Damac in their office in Almosa2 tower in sheikh Zaid rd, where they told me they have problem with the main developer (I think EMAAR) so they can’t start the project till they solve the problem, It seems they want to change the location of the project.

Physically, I sold my 4 apartment with good interest to someone I told him the problem honestly …….. Thin I returned his money back because:
Simply Damac refused to transfer the contract with no reason, also with no written letters (so you can’t get any legal written proved in your hand).

Rammah ,
Bleave me , Damac have alot of problems , so far they have many projects , if they finish 10 projects they'll say " see those projects that we finished" .... but they'll never say any thing about th other tens which they have problems in .

................................ so
Don't try to cover there problems , it is bigger & worst than to bee coverd ;)
Did you know there has been extensions granted to the United Nations army presence in that area?

Rammah