Cyprus Property

D

Digger Barnes

Hi
i was wondering if anyone had used Taylormade and one of thier fa's Kevin Best to purchase a property in cuprus
H

D

Digger Barnes

cuprus

Hi I don't know where its northern or southern why does this make a difference ?

B

Barny

Mainly because I know a lot of people who live in Northern Cyprus, my in-laws included, and therefore I could ask around to see if anyone dealt with the company / person you've mentioned but if it were to then turn they only deal with EU countries then that will rule out Northern Cyprus so it would have been a wasted conversation so thought I'd check that prior to raising questions at the weekend.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
There is a big difference as Cyprus is two distinct countries these days. There is the Republic of Cyprus in the South and the illegally occupied Turkish republic of Northern Cyprus.
Very few companies work in both the South and the North so it would certainly help if we knew which part this company operates in.
I am in the real estate business in the South and I have never heard of Taylormade.
I am assuming they are an 'investment' company. If so I strongly advise that if you are thinking of investing in property in Cyprus through them you rethink. Many people have bought in both the parts of Cyprus IFAs and had their fingers very badly burnt. Property is not a good investment in Cyprus at the moment. Prices have dropped dramatically and no matter how much these investment companies tell people that prices will rise and you can buy off plan and flip for a profit it is blatant lying.
I would only recommend buying in Cyprus if it is for your own use as a holiday home or retirement home. Never buy in any foreign country thinking it is a good investment for the future.

Veronica