Cyprus Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny Bravo

Has anybody had any dealings in Cyprus? Looking for a company who I can deal with

Many Thanks

JB

O

opus

Hi Johnny,

I was very happy with a finder I used for Cyprus, (will be using again),and they don't charge a fee. Very helpful and honest.

Opus

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sloan

Good Company

Hi Johnny Philippou Properties based out of London are a superb company, they will take you buy the hand and guide, and advise you on everything you need to know and what you need to do. contact Justin

C

charis

What are you looking for?

Hi, what are you looking for? Apartment? House? A place to stay or to invest? I'm from Cyprus and i Live in Limassol, work in Nicosia. There are several good agents here but always make sure that you do your own research for the prices and location. If you interested for something particular i can provide you with the info.

I

Investing Wisely

Hi, what are you looking for? Apartment? House? A place to stay or to invest? I'm from Cyprus and i Live in Limassol, work in Nicosia. There are several good agents here but always make sure that you do your own research for the prices and location. If you interested for something particular i can provide you with the info.
Charis,

I have been advised to invest in Latchi, which i believe is on the Southern Western side of Cyprus, could you please advise on what that area is like as you are from Cyprus and will know the area well.

I am keen to invest in Cyprus and was advised on Latchi, any thoughts.

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

I am after an investment property only, something with either a rental guarantee or something i could let out easily via a rental manageent company.

C

charis

Only for vacation

Latchi is a good place for vacation, a 25-30 minute drive from Paphos, but if you are looking for a long term rental scheme, then it is not a good idea. At least 6 months a year you will have problem renting it.

Furthemore i believe that prices have increased a lot and at te edn you won't make any money in that.

Charis,

I have been advised to invest in Latchi, which i believe is on the Southern Western side of Cyprus, could you please advise on what that area is like as you are from Cyprus and will know the area well.

I am keen to invest in Cyprus and was advised on Latchi, any thoughts.

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

I am after an investment property only, something with either a rental guarantee or something i could let out easily via a rental manageent company.

Nigel Howarth

Nigel Howarth

I have been advised to invest in Latchi
Latchi is quiet - a new highway link to Paphos is under construction that will make it more accessible.

In terms of renting, the buy-to-let holiday home market is saturated. At the moment, there are too many properties chasing too few tourists. Unless you have an outstanding property in an outstanding location - forget it.

One potential investor contacted me with details of one of the many developments under construction in the area. It's about four miles in land - hence a long walk to the beach!

There are a couple of websites I've found that will give you an insight into likely returns on Latchi rentals. Unfortunately, I can't post them (yet) but if you Google "holiday-rentals" and "villarenters", you'll soon find them ;) Once you're in dig around and you'll be able to find rates and availability of properties in the area.

As for 'Guaranteed rental returns' - these are built into the selling price so you're actually paying more for the property than it's actually worth (but made to feel that you're getting a good deal).

Cheers,

Nigel Howarth

Nigel Howarth

Since I posted the message about the new highway yesterday, there now seems to be some doubt as to when it will be finished.

There's an article in the Cyprus Mail - "Government to reassess public works as financial crisis bites" that says:

"Specifically, works for the Paphos-Polis Chrysochous highway would stop, while the decision to add lanes to parts of the Nicosia-Limassol highway would also be put on hold. The report added that construction of the Cultural Centre and the new House of Representatives would also be halted, as would the building of the fishing shelter in Zygi."

If you visit the Cyprus Mail website and search in the archives for 'Chrysochous', you can read the whole article.

Cheers,

G

gem0607

I hear Larnaca is a good area to invest, you have Tersefanou, Kiti, Pervolia, Mackenzie that are up and coming areas.

Depends what you are looking for. I have properties in Larnaca and depending where they are ie if there are near a beach they would fetch a good rental rate and would be rented most of the year.

My properties are with a Property Management company based in Larnaca called Key Services. They are a really good company, and they manage my properties an I don't have to worry about them. If you would like to view their services go to google and type Key Services the website will appear

C

Cornholio

A word of caution............

The only thing that's guaranteed about "guaranteed rental income" is that it's never guaranteed!!

Nigel Howarth

Nigel Howarth

The only thing that's guaranteed about "guaranteed rental income" is that it's never guaranteed!!
Invariably guaranteed rental returns are built into the price you're paying, so you're actually paying well over the odds but being made feel you're doing very well out of the deal.

Cheers,

K

katharinestavrinou

I think it's much better to do your own research and buy your own resale, then rent it through a rental company. I bought my flat as a resale with free and clear title deeds in a building being upgraded and redecorated. Because it is in an older, established area of Agia Napa, it has mature landscaping and is close in to the center.
I pay a mortgage of just 150 cyprus pounds per month on my one bedroom, and could rent it for up to 200 or 250 per week, but am renting it for just 100 per week this summer because the pool is out of commission being re-tiled. I paid just over 100 pounds to a rental company online, and have now rented it through the end of September, fully paying off the mortgage for the year and the rental fee. This is of course not guaranteed rental- nothing is-but if you keep the mortgage payments down and buy the right place in the right location, you will be in a good position.

E

estate

If buying properties in cyprus is it better to form a company in cyprus or uk?

Nigel Howarth

Nigel Howarth

If buying properties in cyprus is it better to form a company in cyprus or uk?
If you want set up a company to buy more than one property in Cyprus, I believe it has to be set up in Cyprus.

Cheers,

P

PETE881

Buy up North Cyprus !

Certainly looks like this is a better time than EVER to buy in North Cyprus !! Some VERY exciting times are awaiting anyone who takes the opportunity ! But Remember to buy TURKISH title deed land which is and will always be 100% guaranteed by Turkish, Greek and International Law. :D

N

NorthCyprusDevLandForSale

Buying in North Cyprus

This is correct - you will need to set up a company with a Turkish Lawyer - I have several trustworthy independent contacts if required. I believe its a very simple process and costs less than £1000.
I also have several plots of Turkish Title Deed Land for sale which is bound to significantly appreciate in value in the next couple of years. (we are selling due to family circumstances) . It is development land just outside Nicosia within the heart of the affluent Gonyeli commuter belt land.

See cypruslandsale dot com for details.

Nigel Howarth

Nigel Howarth

TURKISH title deed land which is and will always be 100% guaranteed by Turkish, Greek and International Law. :D
Turkish Title Deeds are only recognised by the occupying regime & Turkey.

The ONLY Title Deeds recognised under international law are those issued by the Republic of Cyprus.

Cheers,

P

PETE881

youre incorrect

Turkish Title Deeds are only recognised by the occupying regime & Turkey.

The ONLY Title Deeds recognised under international law are those issued by the Republic of Cyprus.

Cheers,
you are absolutely incorrect !!

Original pre 74 Turkish title deeds are recognized by turkish and greek governments alike. It would be a blatant breach of human rights if it were otherwise !!!

BUT...its incorrect comments like yours that actually makes turkish properties such a bargain. By scaremongering and creating unnecessary fear in buying true, pre74 turkish properties, comments like these are artificially keeping the market depressed. so once the imminent political resolution happens, the upside in buying in North Cyprus is EVEN BETTER !! either way - the properties in north cyprus will net any investors ooodles of cash !! PERIOD !!! :):):):):):):):):):p

Status
Not open for further replies.