Costa Rica

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mggs

I'm interesting in purchasing property in Costa Rica and moving there in about 10yrs. Do you feel this is a good investment? If I wait 10yrs. to purchase, do you think properties will still be available there? Thank you

J

John

I know very little about the real estate market in Costa Rica, but I would say that 10 years is a LONG time. The way Costa Rica is trying to promote itself as a semi-offshore financial centre (online gaming market, e-currency etc being among the first to make use of these facilities) I would say that a lot will change there in the next 5 years, nevermind 10.

If you have done your research, I would advise getting in asap (if you deem it still a good place to invest after that research that is!). No need to buy your dream home there now or anything like that, but no harm starting with something small and cheap.

Either way, you are doing right coming online now well in advance of your expected move.

Hopefully some of the members here have knowledge of Costa Rica and can give more accurate guidance. I would say perhaps that if you try some of the more USA focused real estate forums, they may have better knowledge of that area.

R

rama1

I am in Miami and I have a couple friends who on this market full time. It is a bubble, you could make money for sure, but 10 years?! No, no more then 3 I would say. It is just to be on a safe side.

A

adluske

st maarten

Tropical Breezes... Crystal Clear Waters... Breathtaking Views... Beautiful Caribbean Villas... Your very own Island Paradise...The St. Maarten real estate market has it all...

For over 5 years investeque has represented buyers and sellers in the northeastern Caribbean. We have sold many luxurious villas and commercial property for satisfied owners in the Dutch and French West indies.

At the heart of our service is the ability to place the customer in exactly the perfect villa, condo or commercial property that he or she desires. The island of St. Maarten / St. Martin has some of the finest real estate deals available and we have the expertise and know how to make deals that are fulfilling to the purchaser and seller.

By consistently offering unsurpassed expertise and service we have built and maintained a large base of loyal customers who turn to us for all their real estate needs.

Call for free Brochure:

Daniel van der Wilt 0844-4312010 destination code 5141074

D

Dia Soleado Invest

Of course there will still properties available, but the question you really should be asking is at what cost. I definitely have to agree with John in that 10 years is a long way off. One thing that is almost certain in any market is that prices generally go up rather than come down and with foreign investment reaching record highs in Costa Rica you don't want to wait around for too long and miss the boat.

Since 1997 some investors have even reported gains as high a 300%, so you can only imagine where things might be in another 10 years.

D

dhcayman

cayman

What are your views on Cayman. Anyone got anything to say re investing in the Cayman Islands - 1, 2 bed ro 3 bed appts?

C

catalogguy

Too late

I think you are too late for Costa Rica. Look next door in Panama for better prices, a better timing opportunity, a better long term draw of American retirees, and more interesting overall lifestyle.

I'm interesting in purchasing property in Costa Rica and moving there in about 10yrs. Do you feel this is a good investment? If I wait 10yrs. to purchase, do you think properties will still be available there? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.