Costa Rica is so safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jvizman

I live here in CR and i must say this is, for me anyways, truely paradise! I was a sceptic at first also! Then I came here because my job sent me! That was the turning piont in my life! I finally found where i wanted to retire! It is the number one spot North Americans go to retire outside of thier own country (US and Canada)!!! The safest place in Latin America! Still very inexpensive on the whole! i can live here very comfortable on less then $1000 a month! that is not living like a meiser either!!! So i have a great nest egg plus no bills!! They except medicade/medicare down here now! they also have a hospital that excepts my VA. All they needed was my DD214 that shows it was service related and all was well in the world!!! VA covers evrything hassel free! No problems, atleast so far! the standard of living is rising very fast! But you still have 3rd world prices in many instances with 1st world luxuries!!

N

neustria

Yes, everything that I have heard confirms what you say here. It is said to be very beautiful with fine coastline on the Pacific and the Carribean, mountains and national parks teeming with wildlife, and all prices for real estate denomiated in US dollars which makes it even cheaper for European investors. I sold off about half of my equity portfolio following reliable advice about a year ago, and purchased two tracts of land with oceanview in the Dominical area. Considering what has happened since to shares, it is probably the smartest move I have ever made. It is getting difficult to make money in European real estate these days, but Costa Rica combines a beautiful environment, inexpensive cost of living, and a real potential for property appreciation as people leave the Continental markets in search of safer investments.

K

kildare

what areas do you both feel are prime for growth in the near future in costa rica? i am very interested in investing there, and am trying to determine where i would get the maximum return on my investment in the future.

J

jvizman

It all depends on what you feel is good for you! i feel that the arenal area is still very much a bargin! plus it has some of the best views in CR. i feel the beach area is just crazy! but it will go up just like it is suposed to. All of CR is on the cusp of something great! get in now while it is still worth it! but do your reaserch! if you need help throw me a line here and i will see if i can help.

N

neustria

what areas do you both feel are prime for growth in the near future in costa rica? i am very interested in investing there, and am trying to determine where i would get the maximum return on my investment in the future.

Hello Kildare,

Having never been to Costa Rica myself (even though I have invested there),I am afraid that I can't answer your question directly. I can however put you in touch with someone who is knowledgeable on the country, and who spends her time between there and the US. She is based in Domincal on the Pacific coast. If you are interested, leave me a message in my mailbox here, and I'll transmit her phone/email to you. I know that she will be happy to answer all questions that you might wish to put to her.

Good luck with your search.

K

kildare

Thanks for the responses fellas. I love the ocean, and quite enjoy to surf, so i am look for something close to the beach. I have heard that there are still some areas on the Pacific coast that are still fairly untouched by development. Jvizman, I was looking at some lots that are approximately 1/2acre a few minutes walk from the beach in central Guanacaste. The prices are all in the $50,000 to $60,000 range. Does this sound reasonable to you?

Also, I have heard that lots of people have trouble getting proper title on their properties in Costa Rica. What is your take in this?

J

jvizman

Thanks for the responses fellas. I love the ocean, and quite enjoy to surf, so i am look for something close to the beach. I have heard that there are still some areas on the Pacific coast that are still fairly untouched by development. Jvizman, I was looking at some lots that are approximately 1/2acre a few minutes walk from the beach in central Guanacaste. The prices are all in the $50,000 to $60,000 range. Does this sound reasonable to you?

Also, I have heard that lots of people have trouble getting proper title on their properties in Costa Rica. What is your take in this?
yes and no it depends on so many differnet thing i donot feel good just giving you a general yes/on answer. as far as titles go just do your due dilligence before you lay out any money! i would love to help you any way i can no strings attached. i am a RE agent but i am not here looking for clients. i am here to learn what ever i can and help others if possible. send me a private mail or email me at work. [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.