ad

Conveyancing advice?

J

johnandrews

I'm a first time buyer, on top of everything else that is daunting now I've got the stage of trying to find a conveyancing solicitor and I'm completely lost! Are there any good websites out there that I can actually trust to help me find a good but cheap conveyancer?

wemyss1960

wemyss1960

I'm a first time buyer, on top of everything else that is daunting now I've got the stage of trying to find a conveyancing solicitor and I'm completely lost! Are there any good websites out there that I can actually trust to help me find a good but cheap conveyancer?
where do you live? who is your lender?

why did your mortgage adviser not suggest a solicitor and get you a quote?

try Goldsmith Williams or send me an email

J

johnandrews

Thanks for your advice, do you not think that the one advised by my mortgage lender might be more expensive?

D

davidoff1

Always go on recomendation. In my experience you also get what you pay for with solicitors. Given that a property will be costing you tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds the extra few hundred for a good solicitor is well worth it.

Try doing some local searches on google, the feedback you get next to the local results is a good indicator.

L

Luke Owen

Having a local solicitor is often better than using a conveyancing centre - you will need to dispatch documents to them, easier if you're local. Also the buying process isn;t always straightforward, it's good to have an experienced solicitor rather than a conveyancing clerk to give good advice

E

expo09

If possible try to get a conveyancing solicitor who either charges a set fee or a percentage of the worth of the property. This is preferable to one who charges an hourly rate as you'll know how much you'll be paying, and not get an unexpectedly high bill at the end of it.

J

johnandrews

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'm going to choose a local conveyancer, and as you suggest, one whose fees are clear from the beginning. I actually used the Property Advice Blog comparison tool and that allowed me to compare different quotes of conveyancers, so fingers crossed conveyancing problems solved!