Converting a house into flats

K

K911

Hello,

We have recently purchased a terraced town house and have been granted permission to convert it into a 7 bedroom HMO. However, we are now considering converting the property into three flats. Is there guidance on how big each flat needs to be? I have checked the planning portal but the information seems vague.

Thank you

D

diyhelp

How are the current rental rates looking in the area? Although long-term I'm sure there is huge potential, and much will a conversion cost? I assume that many builders will be charging more than the "normal rate" due to the coronavirus and various safety measures they need to take?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

In light of the second wave of the coronavirus maybe you should put the project on hold? The problem is, once you start there will be carrying costs as I can't help but delays in access to building sites, etc if/when the virus gets any worse. Is it worth the risk?

M

manxdevelopments

Hi @K911, what did you go for in the end? What made you choose one over the other? Would be interested to know.

Commonre

Commonre

When it comes to choosing real estate agents in Orinda, CA, it’s always good to go in for well-established, reliable, and trusted agents that have been in the industry for a while and know the market quite well. If your agent is knowledgeable about the market, keeps up-to-date with the latest trends, comes with skill and experience, is friendly and helpful, and goes above and beyond in providing a great service then you know that this is the agent for you.