Construction Loans and Mortgages

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wcroz

We own a condominium lot on Santa Catarina Island and would like to build a house there. I am a US citizen and my wife is Brazilian. We currently both work and reside in the US but hope to move to Brazil next year when I retire. We would like to get a construction loan that converts to a mortgage.

My question is, would I be better off looking for a loan in the US or Brazil? I am currently renting so I cannot use a 2nd on a house.

Would like some recommendations on lenders in both countries, or perhaps International Lenders. I believe we can easily qualify. What is the best interest rate and longest mortgage I can get currently in Brazil?

We have an account with Bank of Brazil and a Real Estate Attorney in Florianopolis, and everything so far has been done properly. I believe I can obtain title insurance, if necessary.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

W

wcroz

Thanks anyway, I think we have found a good way to proceed. Please disregard this question.

B

Brazilinvestments

Will you share your solution with the forum? Would be nice to know how this can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.