Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Construction Loans and Mortgages

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by wcroz, May 15, 2008.

1. wcroz

wcroz New Member

We own a condominium lot on Santa Catarina Island and would like to build a house there. I am a US citizen and my wife is Brazilian. We currently both work and reside in the US but hope to move to Brazil next year when I retire. We would like to get a construction loan that converts to a mortgage.

My question is, would I be better off looking for a loan in the US or Brazil? I am currently renting so I cannot use a 2nd on a house.

Would like some recommendations on lenders in both countries, or perhaps International Lenders. I believe we can easily qualify. What is the best interest rate and longest mortgage I can get currently in Brazil?

We have an account with Bank of Brazil and a Real Estate Attorney in Florianopolis, and everything so far has been done properly. I believe I can obtain title insurance, if necessary.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. wcroz

wcroz New Member

Thanks anyway, I think we have found a good way to proceed. Please disregard this question.

3. Brazilinvestments

Brazilinvestments New Member

Will you share your solution with the forum? Would be nice to know how this can be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.