Considering Irish property market after Brexit?

PavelShovir

PavelShovir

Might be a long shot. But just wondering if you recommend Ireland and specifically Dublin property market over UK after Brexit?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Ireland is a very interesting option as there is so much to consider:-

- Used as a pawn during Brexit negotiations, I am not sure the EU is as supportive of Ireland as they suggest?

- Big big changes coming on a political front. Calls for a united Ireland could prompt a return of the "troubles".

- Ireland couple be a huge loser if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.

I know many companies were looking at Ireland as a new base within the EU after the UK leaves and property prices had been pushed higher. Are they still relatively high?

While there is potential, be careful as I am not convinced the EU would offer any degree of protection for Ireland in the event of a no deal Brexit. Probably quite happy to throw Ireland under the bus.

PavelShovir

PavelShovir

Ireland is a very interesting option as there is so much to consider:-

- Used as a pawn during Brexit negotiations, I am not sure the EU is as supportive of Ireland as they suggest?

- Big big changes coming on a political front. Calls for a united Ireland could prompt a return of the "troubles".

- Ireland couple be a huge loser if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.

I know many companies were looking at Ireland as a new base within the EU after the UK leaves and property prices had been pushed higher. Are they still relatively high?

While there is potential, be careful as I am not convinced the EU would offer any degree of protection for Ireland in the event of a no deal Brexit. Probably quite happy to throw Ireland under the bus.
Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree that a lot of companies have moved to Ireland (Google, Facebook, PayPal for example). But my question is if you live in the UK, do you consider Irish property market over UK (especially South East)? Please advise

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Personally I think there is still very good potential to make money in the UK in the longer term. A recent report suggested there is a 1.2 million home short fall which will take many years to make up. You might have noticed a move by some investors away from London and the South East to the Midlands and the North where many believe there is "greater value".