Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Confusion over deeds to foreigners costing Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkey property' started by TH4S, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TH4S

TH4S New Member

Confusion over deeds to foreigners costing Turkey
    Turkish real estate agents and foreign buyers remain at loggerheads over Parliament's failure to pass a law regarding the purchase of property by foreigners.

Despite the government's promise to pass the law as soon as possible, recent political tensions have stalled the necessary amendments to Turkey's Title Deed Law, halting all sale of property to foreigners for the moment.

Full story here ..Confusion over deeds to foreigners costing Turkey

2. Yogi

Yogi New Member

"While the bill was submitted to Parliament by the government, it has not yet been voted on."

Any ideas when this will be voted on? Surely it can't continue like this, it's a backward step for Turkey IMO.

3. TH4S

TH4S New Member

Yogi
    Maybe you should ask the Turkish govermnt ..İ can forward you there adress:D

4. Yogi

Yogi New Member

TH4S relax, I asked a question all you had to do was say you don't know rather than come back with a sarcastic reply.

I found this tonight from the Voices English Newspaper in Altinkum.

"TURKEY’S Parliament yesterday (Wednesday) endorsed changes to the title deeds laws – paving the way for tapu handovers to be restart shortly.

The Turkish Grand National Assembly endorsed changes to the law on two aspects. These will now have to be rubberstamped by President Abdullah Gul before the laws are published in the official gazette. This is expected to happen swiftly.

The laws will allow foreigners to buy property on up to 10 per cent of the total available building land but there will be restrictions on sensitive areas that would or may including resources for the likes of mining, energy and agriculture.

The military will hand over security zoned maps to Title Deeds offices in due course and officers will know whether a property lies within these zomes and if the sales procedure can go ahead.

There will no doubt be a deep sigh of relief from foreign investors now that they can see the title deed law is now moving."

5. TH4S

TH4S New Member

Yogi ,That same article says 'restart shortly'.''expected to happen swiftly.''..?

I can tell you what i do know, and it not a sarcastic reply.

President Abdullah Gül, was departing for Croatia late Tuesday. guess we are going to await His return before He ''rubberstamps'', and acts 'swiftly''. :D

Problems need constitutional solution, says Gül

6. TH4S

TH4S New Member

İ found another Article re Tapu in the Turkey Herald news on line,

Parliament yesterday debated the law that regulates the sale of land to foreigners. Some experts believes the new act will allow for more land to be sold to foreigners, while others believe it will bring more limitations, as it will make the procedures more confusing.

The full article is here . FOR SALE signs up for foreigners???

7. Yogi

Yogi New Member

Thanks TH4S.

Governments tend to have a different definition of "swiftly" to us mere mortals.

I presume you are in Turkey TH4S? Not knowing much about Turkish politics is the CHP party very Nationistic then and basically does not want foreigers in Turkey? Or perhaps I am reading this wrong (wouldn't be the first time!)

Whatever happens lets hope it gets sorted out soon so we all know where we stand.

8. TH4S

TH4S New Member

Yogi,The answer to your question is yes, I live in Turkiye,

Did you not have a 'She' Prime Minister, !!
    Her words."You turn if you want to,this lady's not for turning",She kept qouting a poem by st francis of assisi."where there is darkness let there be light,where there is misery let there be hope,:rolleyes:

Yogi,I know nothing about Turkish politics or politicians,

What Do I Know? Foreigner's are aways more than welcome in Turkiye, ;)

9. TH4S

TH4S New Member

A draft bill seeking to expand the scope of the law regulating property sales to foreigners, which was discussed in Parliament Thursday, has been taken back to the Justice Commission at the last minute.

The full article is here in the Turkey Herald news on line,

Efforts underway to expand law on property sales to foreigners

10. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy New Member

thanks lads it all great help in getting to the bottom of thing.

11. TH4S

TH4S New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.