Confused and need help on where to invest in the many emerging markets!

D

Deep

Hi
I'm new as an investor abroad and have only limited my investments to the UK so far. I now feel its time to start investing abroad but i'm having difficulty on where to do this! :confused:
I've done some research so far and have come up with:
Romania,
Brazil,
Argentina,
Abu Dhabi and
Kuala Lumpur as the next big property hotspots!
However, looking through this site there seems to be even more than these! :(
I'd like to know your top 5 countries for investing in as of April 2008 and why.
I'm mostly looking for properties with a good yield (a minimum of around 6%) and potential capital growth within the next 3 years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Regards Deep

D

Deep

Many thanks for the advice...is there anywhere in particular that you would recommend to invest in at the moment then?
I am currently watching the state of the US property market and thought it might have been a good idea to buy while prices were dropping to pick up bargains. If that arises i would be applying for a USD mortgage however.

In reply to Gashead's comment, what would be your recommendations for countries to invest in at the moment?

Regards Deep.

R

Rammah

Are they still giving away cars and private jets? ;)
Nice one Gashead :)
Actually that promotion is a yearly one taking place during the Dubai Shopping Festival month. We'll have to wait until DSF 2009 for another one of those!

However, we are always active and creative in coming up with promotions, so stay tuned! Nothing at the moment apart from the great investments as always.

Regards,
Rammah

R

Rammah

Many thanks for the advice...is there anywhere in particular that you would recommend to invest in at the moment then?
I am currently watching the state of the US property market and thought it might have been a good idea to buy while prices were dropping to pick up bargains. If that arises i would be applying for a USD mortgage however.

In reply to Gashead's comment, what would be your recommendations for countries to invest in at the moment?

Regards Deep.
I dunno much about the US Markets, bearing in mind the complication as it's much larger than the whole of Europe.... A friend of mine has recently invested there due to the dropping prices and strong GBP against the USD....

As for where to invest, it would depend on the amount you wish to invest.
In Dubai itself there is several spots that have different rates of appreciations, but the great thing is that DAMAC only develops in the prime locations, and we lead the benchmark in terms of prop appreciation.
So, investing with us will always pay out great dividends due to our leading position in the market place, and the branding effect too.

Egypt is our latest destination which has many positives, and promises to be excellent in terms of capital growth with low entry levels etc.... we can speak about that in further details when meeting.

Best regards,

Rammah

Last edited:

10crew

I like Argentina. In fact, we liked it so much when we visited a couple of months ago that we're buying an apt. in Buenos Aires.
Also, been looking at Uruguay and Nicaragua but there aren't a whole lot of projects without going out there again to look. Been looking at markets where US retirees might be relocating to in future.
Unfortunately, you need cold hard cash to buy in Argentina b/c there's really no decent mortgage financing but at least it's not a speculative property bubble...yet. I also feel more comfortable with the culture, language than in let's say, Malaysia, Thailand, Egypt.
Been concentrating on researching city investments to get a year round rental as opposed to the 3-4 months holiday rental.
Depends on how much you want to invest. B/c of the low dollar I would also look into NYC which is sort of a market unto itself unlike the rest of the US, but entry prices can be high.
Would like to hear other suggestions/projects

Marcus Ng

Marcus Ng

Hi
I'm new as an investor abroad and have only limited my investments to the UK so far. I now feel its time to start investing abroad but i'm having difficulty on where to do this! :confused:
I've done some research so far and have come up with:
Romania,
Brazil,
Argentina,
Abu Dhabi and
Kuala Lumpur as the next big property hotspots!
However, looking through this site there seems to be even more than these! :(
I'd like to know your top 5 countries for investing in as of April 2008 and why.
I'm mostly looking for properties with a good yield (a minimum of around 6%) and potential capital growth within the next 3 years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Regards Deep

Hi

Maybe you can take a look at singapore property.

I am working as realtor in singapore

Would like to send a market report for singapore , how can i do that?

With the first F1 night race in sinagpore, the market is still hot

M

Mendozaproperty

Hi Rammah
Argentina is definately on my list!! It has been since 2004 when I moved here. There are a number of property options: Buy rental properties in BA or one of the other larger cities like Cordoba or Mendoza. Or more fun buy land here in the grape growing region of Mendoza...property is appreciating around 15-20% per annum and being fed by lots of articles in foreign press. If you have access into the wine distribution network overseas your returns can be very high indeed.

Neil

M

Megan

Hi

Australia is a great place to invest at any time due to their stability and market growth continually - especially at the moment as the dollar there has dropped so you get more for your money - let me know if you wish to find out more

thanks
Megan

zanis

zanis

Why not New Zealand?

Why not invest in New Zealand? Its clean, safe and loads of people can coming to live here. Property is cheap and there is always overseas investors interested.

I

investalot

Why not take a look at Grand Bahama Island, its got a lot to offer.
Grand Bahama Island lies at the northernmost point of a chain of islands known as The Bahamas (Spanish for “shallow seas “) only 60 miles from the east coast of Florida.
The island is 96 miles long west to east and 17 miles at its widest point.
Great location, all year round sunshine, 57 miles of fantastic beaches, crystal clear warm seas, Caribbean lifestyle, friendly people, safe, English speaking, great food and entertainment.
Leisure activities include golf (4 courses),sports fishing, sailing, scuba diving, all watersports, swimming with dolphins, cricket, football, tennis etc.
Purchasers of property can receive an annual Homeowners card entitling the holder and his family to stay for up to one year without visas.
No Property tax, No Inheritance tax, No Capital Gains tax, No Corporation tax, No Income tax.
Possible to rent property all year without restrictions. Shortage of homes available to rent which are suitable for foreign workers on contracts and tourists requiring more than a “condo”.
Rental yields are excellent with rental income for a 3 bed 2 bath house of $2500-$3000 per month for a one year contract.
New investment coming into the island includes Ross University, College of the Bahamas, Shipyard expansion, Fleming Group and numerous smaller investors.

Freeport the capital is a relatively new city and an International Duty Free port, founded in 1955 by American financier Wallace Groves who was given 150,000 acres in exchange for developing the island.
The roads are modern and traffic drives on the left as in the U.K. The infrastructure has been built to support a population of 250,000 people yet has only approximately 50,000 full time residents. Fresh water is in abundance and the Power Company has a modern reliable supply of electricity. Telecommunications services and facilities are state-of-the-art with direct International links provided through a 100% digital switching system. Cable television and internet are available throughout the island.
It is remarkable in this day and age to find an unspoiled place with no pollution or traffic congestion, only a 30 minute plane ride from Miami or Fort Lauderdale (home to Sawgrass Mills the largest shopping mall in the world) and 45 mins to Orlando home of Disney World.
Grand Bahama offers a chance to get in on the ground floor of some tremendous growth. The island is only just beginning to be discovered, it often reminds people of the opportunities they saw 40 years ago in Florida. Check it out !!

M

MexInvestNow

Mexico's pacific coast is booming!
Great ROI potential..
overlooked due to bad press, but that is mainly in Mexico City and on the border with the US.
huge amount of goverment cash thrown into the New Riviera nayarit...
would be a good Investment, especially with conversion from GBP to MXN!
Let me know if you need some more info

J

Johan

When wanting to invest with a specific company, just ask them how many of their advertised devolopments actually took off!! Or are they struggling with endless cashflows to even start?

eyeC

eyeC

90% yet to start .....and the company is thinking of bankruptcy,,the finishing quality is way below market standards ..no shame .. corrupt staff and the list goes on..we the people lucky to have sites like this one were information and truth can be past to others

eyeC

eyeC

i forgot overpricing too ..no shame and they advertise for quality and name shame

J

Johan

90% yet to start .....and the company is thinking of bankruptcy,,the finishing quality is way below market standards ..no shame .. corrupt staff and the list goes on..we the people lucky to have sites like this one were information and truth can be past to others
Yes, thats right! And shall we get the truth be told!!! Some people think they can fool all of the people all of the time.

Anyone else with a bad taste in their mouths because of Damac? Or for that matter, anyone that is impressed with them? Let me know. I lived in Dubai and have a pretty good idea of what has been built to what standard.

J

Johan

I agree with you Dubai Mortgages - Damac does not even know what their own staff is saying....

S

sebastiani

It think it is too late to buy in Dubai, you should look at countries that are hardly undiscovered, like Cambodia.