Condominium Legal Status

B

Bursa

If there any budding lawyers on this forum then hopefully they can help me solve a current issue on our housing complex . I am more accustomed to condos in the USA where there is clear legislation governing the legal set up and legal powers within a condo set up. Basically, in the USA, a corporation is formed by a real estate developer for the purpose of marketing, managing, and selling of properties on a condo residential plot. It grants the developer privileged voting rights in governing the association, while allowing the developer to exit financial and legal responsibility of the organization, typically by transferring ownership of the association to the homeowners after selling off a predetermined number of lots.

However, I am thinking of buying into a condo set up in Turkey where the situation is obviously very different. For example, the complex is still managed by the developer even although 95%of properties have been sold and it is 10 years since the condo came into existence. Also the developer's company also provide security services/gardening services/pool maintenance services. There is no owners involved in the management of the complex therefore I assumed that the developer has been given delegated authority by the AGM (Board of Owners).

However when I asked to see the contractual conditions vis a vis the delegation of powers from owners to the management company there is no contract in place. I am now thinking of withdrawing my property interest in this complex as I am not happy at the total power that the developer still appears to have. It is he who is calling all the shots - the owners do not appear to have or exercise any powers .

Is this usual, is this sensible and is this legal.?

medseA

medseA

http://www.turkish-property-world.com
Hi,

I read your post.

If the same management has been there 10 years and you are not happy with that, you should just look for other property.

Good luck.