Complaints about agents 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Topcat1961

Banned
Watchdog is back soon so if you want to write and make them aware of any problems you have had with certain agents:

You can write to Watchdog at
BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS

[email protected].

Please remember to include photocopies of any paperwork as originals
cannot be returned.

The more people that write in the more seriously the situation will be viewed and you can help stop others making the same mistake. There is a lot of misrepresentation and deliberate deception going on out there.

R

rabarbaro

what's that ?

Hi, do you mind explain better what's this service ?Thank you
Daniela

T

Topcat1961

Banned
Watchdog

Hi, do you mind explain better what's this service ?Thank you
Daniela
Hi Daniela

It's a UK TV programme that investigates rogue companies. I'm not sure that it's of much use to you (unless others in the UK bought though the same agent as you),maybe your country of residence has a similar programme?

Don't forget to write to the EU Commissioner for Consumer Affairs as discussed previously, I hope it's all working out a bit better for you now.

Tracy

R

rabarbaro

thank yo topcat

Thank you, I wrote to the European etc etc... I hope it will be usefull....

Yes, we do have in Italy a program like that but I don't think it could be of interested for them as very few italians bought in Bulgaria...

Sometimes I wonder why I did it... :) I live near the sea, I have a fantastic seaview from my windows and the weather here is fantastic !!
I only hate our politicians....apart that Italy is a fantastic place to live.....

jessicatam

jessicatam

Does Watchdog really work for overseas services? I've seen them get UK companies to give in / clean up their act, but I would have thought that their 'reach' would be limited with overseas agents?

I haven't watched Watchdog in a few years, but I remember that often when I was a viewer, you would see the same person being featured over and over, just having re-formed a new company under a different name each time?

T

Topcat1961

Banned
Informing others

Does Watchdog really work for overseas services? I've seen them get UK companies to give in / clean up their act, but I would have thought that their 'reach' would be limited with overseas agents?

I haven't watched Watchdog in a few years, but I remember that often when I was a viewer, you would see the same person being featured over and over, just having re-formed a new company under a different name each time?
Hi there

they most probably do not have the 'reach' to get the companies to legally change their methods, but they certainly help to stop others becoming further victims of deceitful selling practices by making large numbers of consumers aware of the companies that employ these tactics.

Fingers crossed.

thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
WatchDog are not interested. Believe me I tried. Nothing.

D

debseason

complaint about an agency......

I have emailled Watchdog recently, as my partner was missold a property in Morocco, by a very big agent (one which was on TV a little while ago). They mis led him, telling him he would have no problem raising a mortgage with them for a property in Morocco. He put down a deposit and has been refused a mortgage! This company have been extremely unprofessional and are responsible for him losing over £30K! I have spend days trying to find a solution to this problem for him, as he is a state over this.

If anyone has any suggestion, or knows a good solicitor (who will actually respnd to me!) let me know?

L

Lysos

Lesson #1: Dont believe agents. If it's not in writing it's not worth the paper it's not written on. Unless your partner has it written into the sales agreement that purchase is dependent on getting a mortgage no solicitor can help you.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

I have emailled Watchdog recently, as my partner was missold a property in Morocco, by a very big agent (one which was on TV a little while ago). They mis led him, telling him he would have no problem raising a mortgage with them for a property in Morocco. He put down a deposit and has been refused a mortgage! This company have been extremely unprofessional and are responsible for him losing over £30K! I have spend days trying to find a solution to this problem for him, as he is a state over this.

If anyone has any suggestion, or knows a good solicitor (who will actually respnd to me!) let me know?
Try MaxGold partnership i believe they are starting to act for clients that have problems with developers and agents. You can find them on the web, Google MaxGold Partership.

Good luck.

C

connection

if you think that what is not written in an agreement is not worth the paper it is not written on what do you think about this ,I was e mailed an agreement by the agent to terminate a contract and they are now denying they have anything to do with it AND THE AGREEMENT WAS ALSO E MAILED TO MY SOLICITOR.So if agents feel they can get away with that is it any wonder the people who signed an agreement with the same agents to get their money back for SUNSET RESORT never got it . I will leave you to come to your own conclusions about whether this is the sort of agent who whould be allowed to advertise and operate out of Ireland

L

Lysos

So, TC, my post serves no useful purpose ?. It could save people from throwing more money away in a hopeless cause. If you don't have the right clauses in your contract you have no comeback, and from people's experiences reported on here it would seem that even then you may get shafted.

C

connection

So, TC, my post serves no useful purpose ?. It could save people from throwing more money away in a hopeless cause. If you don't have the right clauses in your contract you have no comeback, and from people's experiences reported on here it would seem that even then you may get shafted.
Hi Lysos I am not saying there is no point in taking these people to court quite the opposite I am saying everyone who has been shafted should be getting together and finding really good legal representation. There are European laws about distance selling and unfair contracts and the more people who do the groundwork and find out the correct channels to take their complaints to the sooner these people will go out of business. I have done my fair share of getting angry and wasted a lot of time trying to get fair treatment which was never going to happen. The only thing that will get us all anywhere is the sort of publicity that gets these people investigated by the appropriate authorities. So keep up the good work topcat we need constuctive advice and we need to share it.

L

Lysos

Connection, I totally agree with you about getting together and taking action. My point was the need to check contracts thoroughly first. For example, if your purchase was dependent on getting a mortgage and you have a clause in your contract to that effect then fine, but if you don't have that but only a 'verbal agreement' then you don't have a case.

C

connection

Connection, I totally agree with you about getting together and taking action. My point was the need to check contracts thoroughly first. For example, if your purchase was dependent on getting a mortgage and you have a clause in your contract to that effect then fine, but if you don't have that but only a 'verbal agreement' then you don't have a case.
Hi Lysos the only way people will find out about what should be in contracts is for a massive publicity campaign to be organised to bring it to the publics attention there are european laws about misrepresentation and if they are verbal if every single person gets together with the information and takes it to their local representatives for the european commission it will eventually have to be investigated. Bulgaria is already under investigation for corruption European agents and developers will surely be investigated if enough people complain.
the national contact point is
European Consumer Centre UK
Director:Jediah Mayatt
1 Sylvan Court,SylvanWay
Southfields Business Park
UK-SS15 6TH, Basildon Essex
e mail [email protected]

they will tell you were your local contact is they will also explain your rights

L

Lysos

Connection, what 'should' be in contracts is as you say fundamental, but is a matter for the future, Current contracts are what is at issue here, and if you don't have the relevant clauses in your contract it does not matter what is morally wrong or right. The law does not work on hearsay. My only aim is to warn people about incurring legal fees on unwinnable disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.