Complaint proceedure against an Egyptian lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Hi ! My friend and i purchased a two properties in Hurghada in March of "2006"
and have had nothing but problems with both the seller and lawyer ever since.
We have managed to get the interior's completed last August,which was 17 months after the date of completion on the contract, but the seller still has not finished all the work to the garden area and installed the swimming pool for which he has been paid for. The lawyer has also made many mistakes in the past neglecting to protect our interests. We had to pay a further £600 UK sterling to the lawyer last October for charges to take the seller to court to either finish the work or refund us our money (this was after initially paying the lawyer £2.700 U.K.Pounds for our two contracts). The correspondence from our lawyer over the last two years has been very poor and sometimes no response at all to emails,texts,etc. However he did inform us the court case against this seller would take place on 28th January "2008" after continuously asking him for a update, and as yet we have heard nothing at all from our lawyer after sending him a number of emails and texts. Also if at any time we manage to contact the lawyer by telephone he gets very angry and always says I AM THE LAWYER LEAVE THE PROBLEMS UP TO ME TO SORT OUT. and overall a very unpleasant manner.
Anyone got any advice how we could find out if this case actually took place as we have our doubts and also where we file a complaint against the lawyer for his negligence as in the U.K. it would be the law society. We would be grateful for any advice to bring this matter to final completion. THANKS Keith!

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi,

You really need to find out what body if any there is in Egypt who you could make a complaint to.You might be better to find a british lawyer who deals with Egypt.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - who recommended the lawyer to you? It is really important that the lawyer you use in Egypt comes highly recommended.

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Hi there, he came highly recomended by a dutch couple for whom he had done a lot of work regarding there villa purchase along with many other people he had dealt with from Europe . Thanks for replying anyway .K!

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Many thanks for taking time to reply, this is what i am trying to find, out as you can't use a U.K. Lawyer under Egyptian law to act for you! Thanks k!

A

awahee123

Banned
HI kjb,

No you wouldn't be able to use a uk lawyer directly,however find one who deals with Egypt and he will already have an egyptian firm working with him.
Also the British Embassy do have a list of reputable lawyers on their website.It does end up costing a lot more but if they are in partnership with british lawyers they would surely look after you.It's just another way however this doesn't help in this particular scenario.

Last edited:
R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Many thanks again for your time and response, i have a relation in the U.K. who is a very competent lawyer so i have already have his advice , As yet i still cant find a area of authority which would investigate my issue's of complaint in Egypt. Can't find any relevant information on the Egyptian Embassy Site. Thanks anyway K!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi try sending a PM to Zeiad and so what / who he can recommend for you.

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Thanks for your reply but i'm not quite sure what you mean ( send pm to who?) i will try it if you can explain it ,thanks K!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi send a PM to Zeiad - find him under the thread Legal Procedures to Purchase a Property in Egypt on the 2nd page of the forum. He is an excellent lawyer based in Sharm. Click on his name and send him a PM with quick explanation and ask him what he suggests. He is always willing to be on hand to give free advise.

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Cheers Quenie for the information, i will give it a try to-night. Many thanks K!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Your welcome - worth a go and he is excellent and really doesnt mind giving out free advise. Tell him Alison said to ask for his advise and Im sure he will be more than happy to put you in the right direction.
Let us know if he was able to assist you.

Alison

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Hi Allison i will do and get back to you to let you know the outcome, many thanks Keith !

A

awahee123

Banned
Okay on the website they do not say wether they do recommend any Lawyer.
The one they list on the British Embassy Cairo site is.

1. Tarek Fathalla
Sheraton st.
Wahib Building ap. 43 Hurgada
E-mail [email protected]
Mobile 002- 0101527604

We must thank Dave99 for putting me right at every opportunity,Thankyou.

L

lyndsay552

I have just started to use Tarek and so far he is excellent and always reply's very promptly to emails.

Queenie - i emailed the guy you recommended and I still haven't had a reply.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I have just started to use Tarek and so far he is excellent and always reply's very promptly to emails.

Queenie - i emailed the guy you recommended and I still haven't had a reply.
Hi Lyndsay - he is always very very prompt. I am also awaiting a reply from him and the only thing I can say is that the emails may have got lost due to the internet probs or he still has no connection.
Try emailing him again - or he could be on holiday of course.

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Many thanks awahee for your time and help, i will look into this ASAP. And hope make some progress to resolving this ongoing problem .... Thanks K!

A

awahee123

Banned
Many thanks awahee for your time and help, i will look into this ASAP. And hope make some progress to resolving this ongoing problem .... Thanks K!

Your very welcome,please keep the forum updated with any news.
I'm sure you will get it sorted.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Dear All

Dear All
Don't work with any lawyer whom not recomended by your embassy itsa phone call you will do besides as i know there is British consol Living in Hurghada
besides if your lawyer tell you something ask friends around about it and may be ask us on the forum here and we help you believe me I'm Egyptian and sufferd from them as well but still as any place in the world good onesand bad ones

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Many thanks for your advice i had thought about the tourist police so it's another avenue i could explore as all suggestions to resovle this matter are very welcome! Thanks Kjb

Status
Not open for further replies.