Compass Properties.

m25roundabout

m25roundabout

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. A friend of mine bought into a small studio around 2006 time through Compass Properties. She bought into the small studio and paid a deposit. The studio was at the MiradorGolf Aparthotel complex 20 mins from Tetouan.

Despite her efforts she has had no contact with CP since.

Does anyone know what may have happened to CP? My friend would love to get her money back. Does the complex function? Have CP gone bust, sold to another company? Looking on the internet it looks like others have had difficulties.

Any help to sort this out would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

m25roundabout

m25roundabout

Hi, I've had quite a few views on my post but obviously no replies! We are still trying to find out what has happened to the studio my friend partially paid for. I wonder if anyone would do us a great favour and see if studio 24 in block H of the Mirador Golf complex is finished and occupied. Neither of us can afford to get over at the moment and we would love to be able to see what has happened to my friend's studio. If anyone could just have a look and get back to us that would be great. Many thanks.

M

Mazene Property

Hi, I've had quite a few views on my post but obviously no replies! We are still trying to find out what has happened to the studio my friend partially paid for. I wonder if anyone would do us a great favour and see if studio 24 in block H of the Mirador Golf complex is finished and occupied. Neither of us can afford to get over at the moment and we would love to be able to see what has happened to my friend's studio. If anyone could just have a look and get back to us that would be great. Many thanks.
Hi M25, I'm new to this forum and have only just seen your post. Not good news regarding compass properties I'm afraid. I am based in Tangier and do a fair bit of work in the tetouan / tamuda bay area, and anyone alive within those 2 cities knows about Compass properties. Simply put they have done a runner, when I say they I'm talking about the 3 owners. They've run off with millions of pounds of people's hard earned money and no one's heard anything from them. They were taking huge amounts of deposits for the playa vista properties that were never built. A friend of mine was a receptionist at the Tangier office so I could tell you more. If you search for them on google there is more info on this.

Now regarding your friend's apartment on Mirador Golf. Last year we recently completed a corporate rental on the complex and I can tell you that the residence is fully built, we rented in the H block so I'm certain of this. As an act of good will, if you give me your friends name, I can call the notary who would have dealt with all transactions on this complex and see if the documents are just sitting there at his office ready to be signed and payment completed. That is if compass properties submitted the deposit in your friends name to the notary or whether they just pocketed it. It would be helpful if you can give me more details on the initial transaction, do you have a receipt for the deposit? whether your friend has a contract which was signed by the notary? who did she give the money to compass or notary? was it cash or bank transfer from uk?

If you can get back to me asap I can have a look into this for you.

TrueBlue

TrueBlue

Hi M25, I can confirm what Mazene Property has told you. Compass have disappeared as have Vista rent.
I have an apart/hotel room as well which I did complete on. However, some of the furnishings in mine are missing (TV, fridge, etc.) I also have a water leak which needs repairing. I believe that Compass/vista rent had been renting out my room without my permission and I was in correspondence with them regarding this when they disappeared.
I have no choice but to pay for the leak to be repaired and pay out again for the missing items so that I can sell the room.

I also bought an apartment through Compass in Colina Smir, luckily I did manage to sell this apartment last year, through the company that managed the apartment for me. I plane to use the same company to sell MG Golf for me.

I have only seen and joined this forum today, I came across it while searching for info on CP.

Good Luck, all the best.

Pete