Check Your Apartment!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razneer

Hello All

I own an apartment in Spanish Cluster and another member on this forum was kind enough to do the snagging for me whilst he was out in Dubai back in September for handover. There were over 22 repair jobs that needed doing on my apartment!

I am in Dubai right now and went to see my apartment and to meet my tenant.

I would advise everyone to go and check their own apartments or at least get a friend to do it for you. Dont rely on your agent as I had to hassle my agent to complete the works and even now their are two repairs outstanding.

For those of you who have rented out your apartments through an agent and got them to do all the snagging, and you havent viewed it - I can guarantee that none of the work will have been done!

You have a year to sort it out so if you get the chance go and check your apartments even if they are rented out already.

C

cuckoo

Snagging Issues?

Hello All

I own an apartment in Spanish Cluster and another member on this forum was kind enough to do the snagging for me whilst he was out in Dubai back in September for handover. There were over 22 repair jobs that needed doing on my apartment!

I would advise everyone to go and check their own apartments or at least get a friend to do it for you. Dont rely on your agent as I had to hassle my agent to complete the works and even now their are two repairs outstanding.

For those of you who have rented out your apartments through an agent and got them to do all the snagging, and you havent viewed it - I can guarantee that none of the work will have been done!

You have a year to sort it out so if you get the chance go and check your apartments even if they are rented out already.
Hi Razneer,

First thank you for the alert but would really appreciate if you could tell me what kind of repairs you are talking about and what does one really check for during snagging.
I am very new to this and would appreciate a helping hand.

R

Razneer

Hi Razneer,

First thank you for the alert but would really appreciate if you could tell me what kind of repairs you are talking about and what does one really check for during snagging.
I am very new to this and would appreciate a helping hand.
- Rough kitchen units
- Kitchen wall; thr bottom coner chipped
- Very low water pressure in kitchen and bathrooms
- Apartment door not closing properly
- Poor finish on kitchen serving arch
- False ceiling on entry, uneven and dirty
- Plaster board showing on false ceiling - gap at edge
- Wardrobe bar is bent (inside wardrobe)
- Wardrobe draw top broken
- Poor finish on bottom wardrobe
- Wardrobe door scratched
- Bath plug holder not fitted correctly
- Marks on main bathroom floor
- Scratches on bath
- Cracks painted over showing above main bathroom light switch
- Dirt on wall under A/C vent
- Marks on ceiling
- Scratches on doors
- main bathroom tile next to door
- Crack on wall between kitchen and entrance

G

Gashead

- Rough kitchen units
- Kitchen wall; thr bottom coner chipped
- Very low water pressure in kitchen and bathrooms
- Apartment door not closing properly
- Poor finish on kitchen serving arch
- False ceiling on entry, uneven and dirty
- Plaster board showing on false ceiling - gap at edge
- Wardrobe bar is bent (inside wardrobe)
- Wardrobe draw top broken
- Poor finish on bottom wardrobe
- Wardrobe door scratched
- Bath plug holder not fitted correctly
- Marks on main bathroom floor
- Scratches on bath
- Cracks painted over showing above main bathroom light switch
- Dirt on wall under A/C vent
- Marks on ceiling
- Scratches on doors
- main bathroom tile next to door
- Crack on wall between kitchen and entrance
That's nothing out of the ordinairy. My JBR snag list was 4 pages long and I still wasn't too bothered. What do you expect?

M

mmebutterfly25

I used snagsys dot com for snagging of my apartment in JBR and I am really happy. They help me to find so many things.
Snagging inspection is a great thing.

H

Howsbuya

Snagging

Hello All

Hi Razneer - thanks for this advice.
Could you tell me who you should contact to report the jobs that need doing? I'm assuming it's Nakheel that fix the problems??
Thanks
HB

R

Razneer

You need to contact the management company that are looking after your building. They check the apartment, make a list of the repairs and then will log it with Nakheel to do undertake the work. They should also chase nakheel for any repairs not done.

You also need to ensure that as much snagging/repairs are done prior to the expiration of the one year guarantee which starts from when the apartment was handed over to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.