Cheap flights and rising tourism numbers set to make 2011 a better bet for buy to let property owner

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Despite media headlines suggesting that the economy in Portugal is in a precarious state, the country’s real estate and tourism industry has done better than expected, according to officials. Even with the effects of the global economic crisis, the Bank of Portugal has revealed that the tourism industry was responsible for generating revenue of almost [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Cheap flights and rising tourism numbers set to make 2011 a better bet for buy to let property owners, it is claimed

L

Lysos

My partner actually had very slightly fewer bookings in 2010 than 2009 for her villa. On the plus side the number of Portuguese bookings & other nationalities was up, but UK bookings were down. I attribute that to continued worries about the £/€ exchange rate & the fact that golf course operators haven't yet realised they need to adjust their prices downward to compete with Turkish resorts, plus ALL airlines are now charging substantial fees for the carriage of golf clubs. I realise that lots of families are not remotely interested in golfing facilities, but it is/was a substantial market sector in Potugal.