CASA DUBAI into LIQUIDATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nictt

Everyone who has being affected by casa dubai deceit. you must now come aboard, we need to take action into getting our money back. we already have over 10 people, we have being informed that we should get a solictor before march when it goes to court. please send me names and the amounts to be claimed so we have a total sum. solictor costs will be low because we doing this has a group. you must act now to get involved. regards rano.
Rano,
Have you had any responce from CasaDubai or the official receivers yet?, who has advised you to get a solicitor? What exactly is going to court?

Last edited:
N

nictt

official receivers are getting appointed on 4th march. mohammed and steve are speaking with solictors.
Hmmmm...
I thought the official receivers were already in as per the letter they sent us? and the notice on their website.. Im a bit confused by all this now.. With the (albeit it little) knowledge i have about liquidation, i was under the impression that the break down of assets and subsequent refunds to creditors (and us) would come out of what is left over and will be dispersed by the official receiver and not a court.
Im not sure appointing a solicitor to try and take the matter to court would actually happen.
And before you say that im probably not bothered coz it doesnt affect me, well yes it does because they have also kept the installement i made to them in August! :(

T

trudy2727

I too have been affected by casa dubai not passing my money on to the investers anyone who wants to talk call me on 07889799090

R

revell10

NICTT send me your details via pm's i want to talk to you.

Last edited:
R

revell10

hi revel10 - can i also please be added - my email is daff0dil2311 at yah00
c0 uk, - i bought into al owais heights.

thanks

Flat2311 send me your contact number via pm and i will contact you.

Same for NICTT as well pm me your number.

And for any other investors who have been affected pm me your contact numbers.

C

cookieboy

YES,

It was bound to happen Casa Dubai has now gone into liquidation and is now another statistic of the credit crunch.
I do not wish to stir the hornets nest but I would expect numerous other agents to follow.

I am now really concerned as I have invested a lot of cash into apartments in Dubai. I fortunately have my SPA but I guess this means nothing at the moment it appears that the whole situation is becoming worse by the day..
A really sad state of affairs. If casa have gone bust then there is no hope for all of the smaller sales brokers. Anyone paying the broker should stop and contact the developer directly.

D

dubai77

Rano,
Have you had any responce from CasaDubai or the official receivers yet?, who has advised you to get a solicitor? What exactly is going to court?
I made a 20% ( AED 269`241.60) downpayment for two studios at Sports city, Bangash Residence. Unfortunately directly to Casa Dubai. I found out that the money wasn`t transfered to the Developer Bangash. I`m willing to join you to take a solicitor. I already contacted a solicitor in Dubai.

D

dubai77

Helpful information from Dubai Land Department RERA

Hi ShacksT

The following statement is from RERA ( Landepartment Dubai) I got it from my friend , Senior project manager at Dubai Sports City who has bought property via Casa Dubai too.

Additionally I think you will be very interested to see the RERA information & links below
- particularly the following statement:

"With properties that are already being built, developers who have collected more than 20 per cent of the contract value from buyers will immediately have to stop asking for further payments until they correlate the escrow amounts already collected to construction progress."

Visit the RERA web site. It`s easy to find.

You`ll find many information regarding new laws, developer and theire progress with construction work and more.

I too have purchased through Casa Dubai and I just wondered if those of you who were getting together have managed to come up with a plan? I do not live near London so I would be unable to meet up with you.

After finding out about Casa Dubai I contacted Chapal as I have a unit on the Destiny and I wanted to find out what my options are as i was advised (not by the developer) that there is up to an 18 month delay on the completion.

Having contacted Chapal they tell me I cannot delay my future payments in line with this and that this is in the contract. I have paid just over 25% and I have yet to receive a contract.

Considering all the bad press I have been reading lately I feel there is no certainty that Chapal will even complete the development and it will be shelved like many others.

I am unsure of my rights and wondered if anyone can advise me of what they are and what I should do.

The payment plan I signed up for was that I paid 50% up to completion and the rest over a further five years.

D

dubai77

Who is the liquidator of Casa Dubai?

:-( What a shambles. I'm speechless. Please let me know if you receive a reply from the liquidators, and I will do the same.

Hi tin

if you`ve sent your complain to Nottinghamshire you might get your letter back. I have sent a registered letter to the address given in the last Casa Dubai mail to all of us. The letter was sent to Dubai, then returned to me saying " incorrect address"
We need to find out the liquidator of Casa Dubai. Who has a contactaddress of the Casa Dubai liquidator. Where can I find details of the Casa Dubai managment in UK. Casa Dubai is ( was ) a LLC. Where are such companies listed in UK? Is there a Trade Register?

D

dubai77

Don`t make payments to developer , make it to ESCROW ACCOUNT

I have today been advised by the developer (Khuyool) to make all future payments directly into a Escrow account. It looks set up with details relating to the appartment No., and account number.

Can someone please advise on the logistics of getting any monies back from this account (i.e guarantee account, which are known more commonly as trust or escrow accounts),if the developer goes bust?

ESCROW is controlled by the government of Dubai RERA ( Land Department).

Nowadays each developer should have such an account. The developer has to proof construction progress to get money from his own account which is under RERA control. Rera then releases money in order to go ahead with construction work. Details of the account ( Bank , Account- No etc ) can be found on the RERA homepage which is

www dot rpdubai dot com go to laws and regulations

The money should be safe on ESCROW ACCOUNT. If the developer gos bust, then I don`t know the procedure.

D

dubai77

Dubai77 send me your phone number or email address and will contact you immediately
hi Revell

thank you for your immediate answer

you can contact me under : derak dot 1961 at yahoo dot de

dubai77

R

revell10

hi Revell

thank you for your immediate answer

you can contact me under : derak dot 1961 at yahoo dot de

dubai77

Sent you an email, but its better you send me your phone number....pm me your number and i will get you in contact with the right people

K

Kate1234

I have the exact same problem and developer! They have all my payments except the last which was in november (which was a rather large amount).

I contacted one of the directors of casa dubai but he simply directed me to the address i should send my question to. I have purchased a property in murhra. If you have any updates can you get back to me and i will do the same to you
Hi Hson, I too have purchased in Muhra (not through Casa). they told me construction will start in July. What do you make of it all? I have not seen anyone else on these forums that has purchased in Muhra although I believe both I & II is sold out.

K

Kate1234

Hi Havetheanswers,
I have invested in another Khuyool development. Do you know there is a group of 9 or 10 other investors that have got together about the delays on Abjar. Perhaps you are in contact with them already, but if not let me know and i'll give u the details.
Kate

H

Hson

Hi Hson, I too have purchased in Muhra (not through Casa). they told me construction will start in July. What do you make of it all? I have not seen anyone else on these forums that has purchased in Muhra although I believe both I & II is sold out.
Hello Kate1234,

Good to meet someone else that has purchased in muhra also, you are the first. Im really not sure what to make of it? So far we have paid 55%. We were given a revised payment schedule in january which states our next payment should be in july when construcion starts. Untill significant progress is made we do not want to pay anymore.

We gave them a call on the past wednesday but the man who we usually talk to was not in the office.

Upside is that the developer and the project are listed as approved by RERA.

send me your email address via private message so we can keep in contact.

K

Kate1234

HI
I don't think i can pm on here. my email is kate dot campbell19 at btinternet dot com. I am in touch with a group of investors in abjar (khuyools other development). I'll let you know all the details when you email me.

N

Nikita999

It is interesting-is it possible to get money back from this project?

N

nictt

Did anyone get any joy getting any of their money back from CasaDuabi or the receivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.