Caponga Beach - Fortaleza

D

DGM42

Has anyone heard of Caponga Beach in Fortaleza?
They are saying the infrastructure is already in place so ahead of the competition and a ROI of up to 373% in 3 years.
Investment is just £7575
All sounds too good to be true.

D

dhoskings

Has anyone heard of Caponga Beach in Fortaleza?
They are saying the infrastructure is already in place so ahead of the competition and a ROI of up to 373% in 3 years.
Investment is just £7575
All sounds too good to be true.
There is a question that should be asked from anyone claiming returns like that:

If the returns are that good then why aren't they doing it themselves and keeping it a secret especialy if the investment required is so low?

D

DGM42

There is a question that should be asked from anyone claiming returns like that:

If the returns are that good then why aren't they doing it themselves and keeping it a secret especialy if the investment required is so low?
I can't believe that no one other than DHoskins has replied with all this real estate experience in this area - or is no one in this site selling this so don't want to comment

J

JMBroad

Not commenting because not done any research on it so don't want to guess. Those returns seem very optimistic

D

DGM42

Not commenting because not done any research on it so don't want to guess. Those returns seem very optimistic
That is what I thought.
Is it an actual site does anyone know?
I got an email from a UK agent

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't believe that no one other than DHoskins has replied with all this real estate experience in this area - or is no one in this site selling this so don't want to comment

Sorry, but I have never heard of it either so can't really comment other than to say Dhoskings makes a valid point.

Regards,
Rob

B

brazilianlawyer

I just found a brochure of Caponga Beach.

I´m a lawyer and not an economist, but how the land value will increase 373% in 3 years.

In fact the land value increases but i don´t think it can increase 373% in 3 years.

D

DGM42

I just found a brochure of Caponga Beach.

I´m a lawyer and not an economist, but how the land value will increase 373% in 3 years.

In fact the land value increases but i don´t think it can increase 373% in 3 years.
I agree that is why I posted this.
The returns just seem too good to be true.
It is a UK based agent but I do not know much about them.

D

Dotty

Banned
You can make % 's like that,but not too sure it's possible now.I say that because of the recession overseas and fewer visitors at the moment and of course would help if the company has structure.
I agree that is why I posted this.
The returns just seem too good to be true.
It is a UK based agent but I do not know much about them.

T

timatthebeach

just read their brochure - funny.
maths doesnt seem to be their strong point. apparently appreciation will be 18% a year yet after 3 years you get 373% return. in one example you get more return for building a villa then selling but in another the % return appears to be better if you dont build and just sell the land. infrastructure is in place but on the pic if you zoom in there are no access roads to the site ........ must have built the site roads (which you cant see due to computer graphic on top of site) by helicopter.........hold me back i must rush out and get a block of plots...........:D:D:D

B

brazilianlawyer

I may be wrong...but I don't think that anyone would be so foolish as to suggest that the land price will increase by 373%...I am fairly confident that they mean that the returns of 373% can be had by building on the land once purchased...this is a way of attaining very high returns...however, in the current market I would lower this amount somewhat although very solid returns can still be made.
Dear Antony,

I thought that too, however they put in their brochure that 373% is the ROI on just Re-Sell the plot of land after 3 years.

This is too much, in fact they make a comparison chart with the prices of a plot of land in condominiuns of the region, being Alphaville the one with the higher price for a plot of land.

The price in Alphaville is 16,758 while in Caponga Beach is just 7,143. How this price will increase in 3 years to 21,000? No way.

J

JMBroad

Hello all
I have visited the Caponga site. As far as purchasing land in Brazil is concerned, this is indeed one of the better options in terms of security. The infrastructure is in place, I have seen the access road (driven on it) and the electricity supply and internal roads are all there. I have also read a due diligence report from a lawyer and it does stack up. Regarding the potential returns there are a few aspects that I would bear in mind: Returns like this could be had pre-global crisis, however at the moment you have to lean towards conservative return estimates. 2009 is a year that you can buy at good prices, prices that are not inflated as have been in many parts of the world in recent years, however, do not expect stunning returns this year...be realistic. However, do not let the fact that this year the returns are not going to be outrageous to stop you from buying...like I said, this year you can buy at very good prices. 2010 will be the year where potential will start to become reality 2011 is set to be a year that will boom again in countries such as Brazil. Caponga is located in a good area, close to two large developments that are going ahead, Aguas Belas and Aguas Belas Beach...these are big developments with Golf courses etc and no doubt Caponga Beach will of course benefit from this also. If you want a solid, cheap investment in an area that will grow over the next 3-5 years you could do a lot worse than Caponga. Any other questions, feel free to ask...we at Liquid offer global investment options, however, we are focussing alot on Brazil at the moment because it is a strong market...in my opinion and for many of our investors...the strongest real estate market at the moment. I personally am spending a lot of time here in Brazil. I hope this helps. Anthony
Thanks for your views - helps to hear from someone who has been to the site. When you say "one of the better options in terms of security when investing in Brazil" I'm very glad to hear it. Who are the units going to be sold to once the development is complete and delivered to achieve the returns they advocate?

J

JMBroad

Dear Antony,

I thought that too, however they put in their brochure that 373% is the ROI on just Re-Sell the plot of land after 3 years.

This is too much, in fact they make a comparison chart with the prices of a plot of land in condominiuns of the region, being Alphaville the one with the higher price for a plot of land.

The price in Alphaville is 16,758 while in Caponga Beach is just 7,143. How this price will increase in 3 years to 21,000? No way.
Alphaville has a massive marketing monster backing it - might be an exagerration but it's starting to feel like there are Alphavilles in just about every capital city in Brazil.

Even if the 373% is after you've built on the land, you'd have to factor in the construction costs of whatever you've built as part of the investment.

D

Dotty

Banned
The overseas investement market will not boom for a while. It is quite complicated for overseas investors actually and not as straight forward as people are sometimes made to believe .
Hello all
I have visited the Caponga site. As far as purchasing land in Brazil is concerned, this is indeed one of the better options in terms of security. The infrastructure is in place, I have seen the access road (driven on it) and the electricity supply and internal roads are all there. I have also read a due diligence report from a lawyer and it does stack up. Regarding the potential returns there are a few aspects that I would bear in mind: Returns like this could be had pre-global crisis, however at the moment you have to lean towards conservative return estimates. 2009 is a year that you can buy at good prices, prices that are not inflated as have been in many parts of the world in recent years, however, do not expect stunning returns this year...be realistic. However, do not let the fact that this year the returns are not going to be outrageous to stop you from buying...like I said, this year you can buy at very good prices. 2010 will be the year where potential will start to become reality 2011 is set to be a year that will boom again in countries such as Brazil. Caponga is located in a good area, close to two large developments that are going ahead, Aguas Belas and Aguas Belas Beach...these are big developments with Golf courses etc and no doubt Caponga Beach will of course benefit from this also. If you want a solid, cheap investment in an area that will grow over the next 3-5 years you could do a lot worse than Caponga. Any other questions, feel free to ask...we at Liquid offer global investment options, however, we are focussing alot on Brazil at the moment because it is a strong market...in my opinion and for many of our investors...the strongest real estate market at the moment. I personally am spending a lot of time here in Brazil. I hope this helps. Anthony

L

Liquid

Potential returns

Dear Antony,

I haven't seen that in any brochures from the developer...in that case may I suggest that it was written pre global credit crunch and also consume with a pinch of salt...? :)

I do however, still believe that the project as a whole is a sound one.

Regards

Anthony

L

Liquid

Brazil investment

The overseas investement market will not boom for a while. It is quite complicated for overseas investors actually and not as straight forward as people are sometimes made to believe .
I know only too well how complicated and difficult the Brazil red tape can be...having not just purchased property here, but also set up a business in Brazil.

Difficult does not equal impossible. As long as you are surrounded by the right people, it can be done with "relative" ease. There are many ways to hasten the process and get things done...the key is often to think for yourself, then ask the Lawyers whether X Y or Z can be done and often it can...for some reason though, you have to come up with the strategy and ask the Lawyer whether it can be implemented rather than the Lawyer suggesting options for you...strange scenario for Westerners I know. (hence the need for the right people around you)

Western investors still need to invest and diversify their portfolios for security...the world has changed, the previously so called "safe" investments have been shown often to be very much but and emerging markets are sometimes a more secure alternative. Let's not forget that this is a CREDIT crunch...many emerging markets are in no way in possession of any way near the debt levels of the more developed countries...with little credit comes little crunch. Appreciated that this is only one factor and that exports from countries such as Brazil have fallen...However, Brazil has a huge population of almost 200 Million people and for the first time in its history the middle class has become the majority and this middle class is still expanding even during the current financial circumstances. Brazil and India have a growing number of wealthy consumers and this does serve them a great deal in their future potential.

Hence my belief that the medium term for Brazil is bright.

Food for thought?

Regards

L

Liquid

Brazil info

Thanks for the information Anthony.
You are most welcome. If there is anything else that you feel someone in Brazil itself may be able to help with, simply let me know. Have a good day

D

Dotty

Banned
Buying at 3 .2 reais does not make for a good investment and will take quite a while to expands ones portfolio .Let's not forget to mention the taxes should you wish to sell and get your money back to the UK that is.
I know only too well how complicated and difficult the Brazil red tape can be...having not just purchased property here, but also set up a business in Brazil.

Difficult does not equal impossible. As long as you are surrounded by the right people, it can be done with "relative" ease. There are many ways to hasten the process and get things done...the key is often to think for yourself, then ask the Lawyers whether X Y or Z can be done and often it can...for some reason though, you have to come up with the strategy and ask the Lawyer whether it can be implemented rather than the Lawyer suggesting options for you...strange scenario for Westerners I know. (hence the need for the right people around you)

Western investors still need to invest and diversify their portfolios for security...the world has changed, the previously so called "safe" investments have been shown often to be very much but and emerging markets are sometimes a more secure alternative. Let's not forget that this is a CREDIT crunch...many emerging markets are in no way in possession of any way near the debt levels of the more developed countries...with little credit comes little crunch. Appreciated that this is only one factor and that exports from countries such as Brazil have fallen...However, Brazil has a huge population of almost 200 Million people and for the first time in its history the middle class has become the majority and this middle class is still expanding even during the current financial circumstances. Brazil and India have a growing number of wealthy consumers and this does serve them a great deal in their future potential.

Hence my belief that the medium term for Brazil is bright.

Food for thought?

Regards

D

dhoskings

Buying at 3 .2 reais does not make for a good investment and will take quite a while to expands ones portfolio .Let's not forget to mention the taxes should you wish to sell and get your money back to the UK that is.
What is the long term rate going to be then, taking in to consideration that Brazil is getting wealthier??

What is the difference in UK taxes and Brazilian taxes??? :rolleyes: