Capital 68

• Thread starter The Great Gatsby
  • Start date
T

The Great Gatsby

Has anybody invested in this project and if so how has the process gone so far!

V

virus

Yes, I did. I haven't heard anything so far, but wasn't expecting to just yet.

B

Big Blue

Has anybody invested in this project and if so how has the process gone so far!
Hi Gatsby, I have invested in this project. I would be interested to hear if you invested on a long term strategy or a short term strategy. Were you promised fantastic returns within a few short months after investing?

V

virus

The Astonlloyd website co.uk has various bits of information and progress.

B

Big Blue

Thanks for the info, but having invested apartments in Capital 68 and their new Hotel, Aston Sofia I know their web site inside out.

What I would really be interested in is other investers experiences so far. Have you guys invested on a long term basis in the Capital 68 Development, or were short term exit strategies offered to you with incredible returns promised?

Reason I ask, is that I was offered a short term exit, this was meant to pay out in february 09, and needless to say it hasn't. I'm meeting with Aston lloyd next week to discuss, but would like to know whats been offered to you guys, or if you were in it for the long run from the word go.

V

virus

I was looking to the future a bit, something like 10 years, so selling them before they were built wasn't the idea. I wasn't offered a short term exit anyway.

I was interested in the hotel, but couldn't really see how to judge how much my capital was worth. The returns look good, but how to value what I'd invested in and then selling it bothered me a bit.

L

lesbaines

hi big blue
like you i have invested in cap 68, and was offered easy exit strategy and payout but it has not happened as i hoped. Spoke to Aston Lloyd and they told me i would be lucky to get a fraction of my original investment if i tried to sell . Money is tight at the moment and cannot afford to pay out any more ,ie mortgage, legal fees etc. I may just have to write the all thing off. how did your meeting go with Aston??

W

Whatnext

Hi lesbaines, have you spoke to AL about this recently? The development is not due for completion until sometime in 2011 and that is when final payment will be due. A lot can happen between now and then in terms of property value so I wouldn't be looking to write it off yet. Has AL given you an indication of the value your property would be at current prices?

W

Whatnext

I was looking to the future a bit, something like 10 years, so selling them before they were built wasn't the idea. I wasn't offered a short term exit anyway.

I was interested in the hotel, but couldn't really see how to judge how much my capital was worth. The returns look good, but how to value what I'd invested in and then selling it bothered me a bit.
Hi have you any news on this development?

B

BernieA

Hi have you any news on this development?
Anyone who has invested through Aston LLoyd or their marketing partners Obelisk International for one of their overseas developments should by now have been contacted by the Administrators, RE10. If you would like to join a lot of fellow investors in the same boat then join our action group at the URL in the title of this message

www.webjam.com/jpog
Regards

Bernie Allan

Last edited:
J

jmcgreevy

Anyone who has invested through Aston LLoyd or their marketing partners Obelisk International for one of their overseas developments should by now have been contacted by the Administrators, RE10. If you would like to join a lot of fellow investors in the same boat then join our action group at the URL in the title of this message

Regards

Bernie Allan
I have just received the letter from RE10 - i notice there are groups being formed all over the place regarding this matter- there should be one group formed to speak for everyone as all the money that is left is in one back account AL's. :adore:

J

jmcgreevy

Does any capital 68 investor have any knowledge of what to expect from this mess?

V

virus

Capital 68 (and Central 22)

Has anyone any recent news of what might be happening?

B

BernieA

Aston LLoyd

Does any capital 68 investor have any knowledge of what to expect from this mess?
RE10 are expected to issue their initial report to creditors by August 31st. There will be a creditors meeting 2-3 weeks later. We are not expecting a lot of detail in report. RE10 have indicated it could take 18 months to sort out. Make sure you have joined one of the action groups.

V

virus

I wasn't contacted by Re10, and found out this week about AL's troubles, so hope to get something from them this week. Any action groups you can suggest, or have they tending to be by development?

B

BernieA

action groups

Easiest is to join JPOG. You will then be picked up by other group leaders. I usually have trouble posting web addresses on here so will put spaces in address. Go to http: //www .webjam /jpog
Join by completing "Join this network" at top right of page. Forums do not appear until you are a member.

I wasn't contacted by Re10, and found out this week about AL's troubles, so hope to get something from them this week. Any action groups you can suggest, or have they tending to be by development?