Can Tenant agreements be enforced in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Demoniise

Hi,

Whats the best course of action if tenants say they cannot pay the rent specified in their tenancy agreement.

J

jags

Hi,

Whats the best course of action if tenants say they cannot pay the rent specified in their tenancy agreement.[/QUOT

tenants have handed over post dated cheques to the landlord. not to honour the cheques is a criminal offence.so the tenant will not dare to take this path.mutual negotitation is the only way out. in most cases landlord will return the cheques and tanent will vacate the property.

I

irish ann

Bad news i am afraid

Hi,

Whats the best course of action if tenants say they cannot pay the rent specified in their tenancy agreement.
Just make sure that there is no damage to your property that you have the security deposit. if everything is fine with your property, hand back the deposit and tell him get out. Unfortunately I found myself in the same boat, however my tenant was supposed to vacate the end of april as that is when he had paid the rent until. the cheque for the next 3 months was due the 1st May. He kept delaying the vacating of my property until he insured that he had used all the deposit money for those extra days. I live in Saudi Arabia and unfortunately I couldn't inspect the property until 2 days after he vacated and he had done structural damage to my garage wall, he had left the inside disgustingly dirty and damage to my garden. I made a case against him in RERA and unfortunately, the RERA official said that you have the extra days rent from his deposit, it doesn't matter about the dirt of the house and I ,the RERA official work in construction, so it won't cost alot to fix the damage to y:mad:our walls, Case over. Of course I was devastated and my tenant left the building laughing at me so sorry to be the barer of bad news, just cut your losses and good riddance to bad rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.