ad

Can I convert the parking into a garden?

C

chrood42

I'm thinking of buying a coach house which has parking behind it but no garden. I would have the freehold and own 2 of the parking spaces. Do you think that I could turn my parking spaces into a mini garden, put a wall around them and just park in the street? Would I need planning permission?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Would the deeds of the car park land specify a particular use? I therefore presume that you would need to have these changed? If you Google car park into garden, you will find it is not a common thing, there are a lot of people converting gardens into car parking spaces.

C

chrood42

Would the deeds of the car park land specify a particular use? I therefore presume that you would need to have these changed? If you Google car park into garden, you will find it is not a common thing, there are a lot of people converting gardens into car parking spaces.
I'm surprised that it's so uncommon, my view is that if there's no garden and it's free and easy to park in the street then it makes sense to have a garden rather than off-street parking!

D

diyhelp

Just a quick question, would you need permission from the other car park owners to change your space into a garden? Also, is roadside parking permitted in your area?

C

chrood42

Just a quick question, would you need permission from the other car park owners to change your space into a garden? Also, is roadside parking permitted in your area?
Well I believe that I would have the freehold of the whole car park. Yes it looks fine to park in the street.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

So on that basis, you would have the freehold of the whole car park and individual car park space owners would lease their space from you? How long do those leases have to run?

H

HelenBuck

if you have documents for the land and you yourself do not need flogging or it does not bring money, then of course you can
no other way

A

Araceli

I think that it would be a great idea. If you don't have a car, then you would occupy this area with maximum aesthetic benefit. I made something similar using the ideas on the edge of the garden. The most important thing is to find qualified workers. Nowadays, many people are assured of their professionalism. However, everything looks much worse than it was. Therefore, you should pay attention to this. You will also need to hire a good designer. I hope you will be able to find a way out.

Last edited: