Can a UK citizen work in America as an Estate Agent/Broker?

Discussion in 'The Americas Real Estate' started by Lameet13, Mar 25, 2015.

  1. Lameet13

    Lameet13 New Member

    Hi all,

    I currently work in real estate in Scotland. I have an American girlfiriend and we may jump over the pond to live in the states in years to come. I am just wondering if it is possible for me to work as a Broker/Estate Agent there or if you have to be a US citizen. Visa's are not my issue right now, I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

    Any personal experience or advise on top of this would very much be appreciated.

    Many thanks,

  2. jamhassan00

    jamhassan00 New Member

    you need to start working with a experience person in Real estate business. you need to learn business from that person and then go for your personal business this is the best way to start a business.
  3. roysoni

    roysoni New Member

    Yes you can do this job, you should contact with a good experienced realtor in America.
  4. JeremyMathews

    JeremyMathews New Member

    I personally don't see any issue here.
  5. Nicholas Wallwork

    Nicholas Wallwork Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Premium Member

    Hi Jeremy, I see you've recently joined and are from Chicago! I'm guessing you have some experience but we would love to hear more... Are you a broker/agent or just an investor?

Share This Page