Buying Property in the Philippines (UK National) Legal Implications

bombdefused

bombdefused

Hi,

A member of my family has told me that they have purchased some land in the Philippines.

I am concerned about several aspects of the deal, but mostly that I have read on the internet that it is not legal for a foreign national to own land (although they can own the land through their married partner if they are Filipino).

This family member has been told that they can own the land by the people arranging the sale of the land. There is a significant amount of money involved, and the person is relying on his unmarried partner to arrange the deal (all monies also going through them) as they do not speak the language.

Does anyone have solid current knowledge of the Filipino property market, and the technicalities of property ownership for foreign nations that can confirm if the land canever be owned by my family member or not?

Many thanks

W

wendyleeds

Try contacting an international solicitor with experience in real estate in the philippines, either through the british embassy or you can use a very good, free online company called "CONTACT LAW" - where they can recommend FOR FREE and introduce you to such a lawyer with expertise in this field

on their website there is an online contact form

you will find their website by entering CONTACT LAW on google

they reply in less than 24 hours

J

juhdy

A foreign national CANNOT own a land in the Philippines. They are only permitted to own a condominium but not a land. Desperate foreign nationals may still acquire a land property through a Philippine Corporation. This is according to the Philippines Real Estate Ownership Laws.

S

santos.phil

There would be implication if that UK national would buy properties in the Philippines. A foreigner can buy a property in the Philippines, provided that it would be bought to a developer. Try to read out other materials regarding this one. For sure, it would give implications for the rest in order to make a smooth and clean transactions.

G

gaga7

While other countries are trying their very best to welcome visitors and keep their airports and country safe the Philippines is doing the opposite. As soon as you arrive (or depart) at the International and in domestic airports, you are terrorized by airport employees. They plant bullets in your luggage so they can extort money from you under the threat of arrest and detention. Many travelers including Americans have been victimized. The authorities know who the responsible parties are but have done nothing the stop it.

This act of terrorism has created an environment of fear in all their airports and in travel within their country. The country has gained international notoriety because of this and visitors and businesses fear going there. This is very unfortunate. It has and will continue to discourage anyone from visiting and doing business in the Philippines.