Buying property in Germany?

P

PETER.PHIL

I expect that foreigners will start to purchase United States real estate in droves. That is what happens when the dollar drops in value and makes real estate look cheap.

M

mortagage

Germany offers a great quality of life; and I think an economy that is recovering relatively well compared with other places in Europe.

S

SeagullDan

I think there are a number of reasons why to invest in Germany. My choice personally would be Berlin if I had the choice.

Berlin is seen as the "capital city" of Europe and as a result, you will find a number of business with head offices based in and around Berlin. On a buy to let basis, this is a huge positive bearing in mind you know not only is unemployment falling, but with the infrastructure that is in place, BErlin is a really happening, vibrant and buzzing place to live.

Another thing to consider is that whereas there is turmoil financially everywhere in Europe at the moment, Germany seems to be recovering very well, if not the best in Europe hence making your investment even safer. As has been mentioned earlier, your yields may not be great (from what I have seen about 3 to 4% but you know your investment would be safe and secure.

R

Russwrites

Don't the Germans usually rent rather than buy too so there must be a large rental market out there.

L

Lewis

I think there are a number of reasons why to invest in Germany. My choice personally would be Berlin if I had the choice.

Berlin is seen as the "capital city" of Europe and as a result, you will find a number of business with head offices based in and around Berlin. On a buy to let basis, this is a huge positive bearing in mind you know not only is unemployment falling, but with the infrastructure that is in place, BErlin is a really happening, vibrant and buzzing place to live.

Another thing to consider is that whereas there is turmoil financially everywhere in Europe at the moment, Germany seems to be recovering very well, if not the best in Europe hence making your investment even safer. As has been mentioned earlier, your yields may not be great (from what I have seen about 3 to 4% but you know your investment would be safe and secure.
Germany is making more and more sense as an out and out investment tool. For me it makes more sense as a lifestyle choice and the investment angle is merely an added bonus. I favour Dresden as it is outstandingly beautiful and is surrounded by a plethora of smaller towns equally outstanding, Leipzig is convenient to it, Prague and Berlin a comfortable drive - nowhere else is Europe comes close as far as I'm concerned. Berlin cannot be considered beautiful by any stretch by it more than makes up for this with its quality of life, a real sense of history and the sheer excitement of the city. Love it, love it, love it.

H

HenTurkey

Hey;

You are right, they are now priced at a level close to the levels seen in Romania, One Important difference, Romania WILL rise 20-30%/Annum and Germany will be kept on hold, Property there never goes up, look at the prices history:)

Its a very safe investment, if you want the 4%yield, Banks there dont trust the market, thats why u have to put at least 40% of the total price!

Cheers
I think buying property in Germany should mostly about making money through renting it out. A lot of Germans never make a move to get onto the property ladder and rent their entire lives.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
From many property news and forums Germany is not the best place to invest your hard-earned money
So I suppose you would rather everyone bought in Kenya where there is massive unrest and corruption rather than buying in one of the most stable countries in the world:smile:

R

RamanMaan

Banned
The only reason behind investing money on property is to save money and increase your land. The person having enough land is rich today. The property rates are growing day by day so it is beneficial to invest money on it.

D

DarrenG

That is a very good question...I would also like to know why? And the pros and cons?

N

nguyenanh422

Of the established markets my money would go into Berlin everytime. Prices range from very low- to low depending on what borough and what locality you buy in. And contrary to what i am reading on thsi thread, prices are rising steadily, as head of International Research for David Stanley Redfern Ltd, I have been watching them grow.

J

jessica.kw

How is the euro crisis effecting the german market? Is it the same as in the uk?

P

planner21

Alexander2002: I have had dealings with JPG Invest - generally not good at all. I'd be interested in hearing the issues other people have had. I cannot PM at the moment.

I do need a good management agent to handle my holiday let property in Berlin. Does anyone have any recommendations?