Buying in Southeast Asia

Discussion in 'Thailand property' started by lukas, Aug 18, 2006.

1. lukas

lukas New Member

Hello,

I would like to buy some small house in South East Asia, and I would like to ask where are the best conditions. Is it anywhere not allowed for foreigners to buy a house, or are there some countries where it is easier than in Thailand? I like also Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia. I wanted to buy something in Thailand but it?s every year more restrictive there, so I would like to ask about the conditions in other countries.
    Thanks
    lukas

2. 10cents

10cents New Member

The Philippines is as good as anywhere else in South East Asia. A lot of foreigners have bought houses and other proportionates in this country. There are even retirement villages in Subic Bay.

3. egeefay

egeefay Senior Member

Thailand is getting more and more restrictive for foreingers wishing to buy property.
    Of all the Asian nations I think Malaysia has a much more open door policy.
    It's a Muslim nation so there are some restrictions on things like alcohol and prostitution, I think.
    Google "retiring in Malaysia" for details on owning property there.
    Thailand is much more open and free. But property ownership restrictions make it difficult for foreingers to own land

4. webbguy

webbguy New Member

Consider Philippines since I think here is cheaper to invest compare to other Southeast Asia countries.

5. DanielFTP

DanielFTP New Member

Hi All,

Thailand is not getting strict on foreigners buying Property at all
    The foreign ownership process in Thailand is pretty straightforward:

In buildings classed as condominiums, developers are allowed to sell up to 49% of the total apartments in the building to foreigners on a freehold basis.
    The other 51% must be sold to either Thai citizens or Thai companies, of which foreigners own a maximum of 49% of the shares.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  6. frasermeridies

frasermeridies New Member

Phillipines property is much cheaper than other place of Southeast Asia countries.