Buying in Montana, Pleven,Stara Zagora

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlos

I am thinking of buying in the Montana, Pleven areas or near Stara Zagora and would greatly appreciate other peoples views on this i.e. where to avoid, are there Brits in the area? and peoples experience in general. Also any recommendations on use of agents, solicitors and the use of a power of attorney. Know there are a few questions in there but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carlon

I

ian

I do not know anything about Montana or Pleven region but am very familar with Stara Zagora region. I have 6 houses there, soon to be eight and am moving there later this year. I work for a small agency there (see signature below) and so can help with property purchases, renovations, inspection trips etc.

I personally love the area around Stara Zagora because you have the Balkan mountains, you have lakes, hills, forests...there is a golf course planned, spa resorts, Thracian tombs etc and as in the centre of Bulgaria, most places very accessible.

There are a few of us Brits in the area. I know of one or two living there permanently and certainly there are many with holiday homes.

I have a great Solicitor in Stara zagora I can recommend highly.

Not sure exactly what your concerns are about the power of attorney. It is a regular practice to give your agent, lawyer etc power to sign documents on your behalf to complete house purchases etc, register properties with utility agencies and so on. My Bulgarian business partner has power of attorney to buy property for me, my lawyer has power of attorney in relation to certain company aspects, my accountant has power of attorney for taxation things.....
Thanks,
jain

T

Tania

good/bad regions

Hi!

All of these regions are not very popular!

If you want to live there is ok ....but I doubt it to be easy resaling those properties later on!
From my experience - look in Yambol, Elhovo, Bourgas and Varna region. Or near Ski Resorts of course!

Its only my opinion! If you want more information on this regions please let me know; I will be happy to assist!

T

Tania

Thank you

HI!

Thank you for making me feel welcome!

I wish a very good day to all of you!

Tania

thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
Well firstly - have no idea who Jain is or why they are registered under Ian but the post is taken from another of my posts on another forum! Anyway Tania, it is not true that these areas are not popular. Stara Zagora is undergoing alot of investment and is definitely an up and coming city. Property prices here are going up steadily and property sells quickly.

Burgas & Varna - OK further inland but on the coast, over hyped and over priced.

Same with ski resorts.

Yambol and Elhovo - popular with Brits but very poor areas, not much infrastructure. But some pretty villages.

Rachel

T

Tania

Re:

Hi!

I am not saying Stara Zagora is bad region! But I insist it is not popular....I know your company is based there, and I do not want to offend you; but from my experience none of my clients wanted to buy a house located more than one hour drive from the sea.

And other thing is Stara Zagora and Yambol Regions are very much alike.
Trust me, I sell everywhere in Bulgaria. I am not based in Yambol or near the sea but its really hard for me to sell property near Stara Zagora or around!

Glad to hear that someone else can! Good luck!

By the way, when I am saying that doesn't mean that I do not agree with you - houses inland are the best choice for investment...

Best Wishes,
T

thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
No offence taken Tania. Guess it depends on how you target your clients. Mine do not want to be near the sea and are usually avoiding the more touristy areas like the plague - that I because my site is very much targeted towards the rural market. But certainly SZ not as popular as say Varna, Sunny Beach and pray to God it never is!

But do have to disagree that SZ anythign like Yambol. Totally different area. Around Yambol pretty flat, we have mountains, large lakes etc.

From your site you are based in Plovdiv are you? Useful to know someone there - get a few enquiries sometimes for that region so can forward them you maybe!

Rachel

T

Tania

hi Rachel

Hi Rachel!

It will be nice to know you - I think is very good to meet someone who has different opinion from mine!
Good luck
Tania

V

Valentin

Yambol is way worst than Montana, Pleven or Stara Zagora !
I still don't know why people find Yambol attractive !
and one thing Rachel and Tania, you are talking about your clients like they will never read this, no offence but I find this unproffesional ! or mybe it's part of "find a client" campaign ! :)

Last edited:
thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
No offence taken Valentin as your post makes no real sense. I have no problem with any of my clients - old or new, reading what I have written as I am sure Tania doesn't either. Fail to see what was unprofessional about any of our posts. I think it is a good discussion between myself and Tania as to what our different clients are looking for and that maybe this has to do with how we target clients. After all this is a discussion forum - for discussions!

T

Tania

Re:

What can I say - Im speachless! Valio I was expecting more from you!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.