ad

Buying in London - Croydon, Abbey Wood or Southall?

T

Tess2

Hi,

I am a first time buyer using Help to Buy and buying on my own so can't afford the standard London prices. I need some advice on where is best to buy in terms of investment. I am looking at three areas (below)

ABBEYWOOD (Thamesmead)

I have found a property in Abbey Wood which will be on the new Elizabeth line (cross rail) and seems to have a huge regeneration plan. The property if off-plan and won't be completed till March 2022. The developers are telling me after a few years the prices will significantly increase as the area starts to develop. The area looks really nice and there is a huge amount of green space, however currently there's not much to do, I am told the

CROYDON
Secondly there's Croydon, the property I am looking at is a Shared Ownership property. Croydon is already a lively area but there are plans for a Westfields shopping centre and a new South Bank University campus which could bump up the prices. Also very well connected into London.

SOUTHALL
Although the area isn't as nice as Abbey Wood, It too has a regeneration plan, although I know less about it, and is on the new Elizabeth line. It's also very close to Heathrow and West is generally a more desirable area so whether that will continue to expand further south who knows!

Does anyone have any idea on which area might be a better investment?
Will prices for a regeneration area always go up?

Would appreciate any help

Thanks
Tess

W

wliying21

I am always wondering the answer to the question. These three places are exactly what I am actively searching for properties. Could we communicate about the issue? Thanks

L

lavinire

I have had the same thinking process and last year I made my decision on ABBEY WOOD. it is actually really good - new flat with nice view, a lot of green space and you can easily get a seat whenever you take the train. However if you are a quite social person it won't be ideal. literally takes me one hour to everywhere in central London and it could be 1.5-2 hours to West London...

L

lavinire

I viewed the properties in SOUTHALL as well and as you said it is not as nice as other areas... but a lot of potential in price, I would only recommend it for investment purpose.

ManchandaRealtors

ManchandaRealtors

manchandarealtors..com is the best Real Estate Consultancy Company to Buy/Sale/Rent Residential/Commercial and Industrial Property anywhere in Gurgaon, India

H

hanri1994

Golden Globe Ltd can provide you with quality solutions with its home insulation
services. Quality home insulation is essential for everyone. The material used in
Insulation reduces heat loss and gain according to the weather condition. To
maintain standard heat insulation, the government allows home insulation grants
as an opportunity for those who can't afford it. Whether it's summer or winter,
Your home insulation should keep the temperature consistent to avoid any harsh
environmental conditions. Home insulation UK can help you to lower your energy
bills and make your home comfortable to live in.
GGML-Logo-web-01 (1).png